Macro Help, PLEASE!

Options
I have my macros set at 20% protein, 50% carbohydrates and 30% fat, 1200 calories.
20% protein is 61 grams which is 2 oz???? I'm so confused. Did I set it incorrectly? I am in the maintanance phase of PSMF and I was having 9oz of protein per day while on that. Something is off with my math challenged brain.

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,852 Member
    Options
    Figure macros in grams and not percent
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 61 grams is the amount of actual protein in the food and not the weight of the foods that have protein. 61 grams in protein represents 244 calories and for example that represents about 8 oz of skinless chicken breast or 1 lb of dry pasta etc, etc.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,548 Member
    Options
    This is the standard setting. For weightloss you don't need to adhere to macros. Macros are for health and feeling full and happy. And the second part is very individual. However, I'd like you to reconsider your weightloss goal. 1200 is the bare minimum any woman will get, and it's very, very little. There's no need to punish yourself and to make it as hard as possible. Lose a bit slower, eat more, have a bigger chance of losing the fat.
  • FiterellaKaren
    FiterellaKaren Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have mine set similar. 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat, 1200 calories and I'm also using intermittent fasting daily only eating between 10:30 and 6:30. Started May 9 and currently down 13 pounds. I have a hard time hitting those macros and when I hit the 20% fat number, or the 1200 calories, I stop eating for the day. It's working for me, and I don't feel deprived because I've found some great recipes that meet my needs when I have cravings. Good luck!