lack of motivation

Options
can anyone help me?

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Yes. You can. The best motivation is intrinsic; it comes from within. When you're honest with yourself and ready to change, you will. Best of luck!:flowerforyou:
  • dmorant
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I will have motivation for the day and then can't keep it. Convenience gets in the way. and work.... and kids....and laundry....and work....and kids.....etc.

I will keep trying though. You can do it!
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    You can do it! Just put your mind to it and everything will go as planned.. Good luck:smile:
  • Kerry1023
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I will have motivation for the day and then can't keep it. Convenience gets in the way. and work.... and kids....and laundry....and work....and kids.....etc.

I will keep trying though. You can do it!

I second that. I do so good and then self-sabotage myself. I am working on staying motivated one day at a time! Trying to learn to live in the "right now" instead of what was or what will be. Wish me luck:)

We can and will do this!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Honestly, motivation comes from within you. I can't give you reasons that will necessarily motivate you and what motivates me may not mean anything to you at all. All you can do is try to remember what brought you here in the first place. If it helps, write those reasons down and post them somewhere, like your bathroom mirror, so you'll be reminded every day.
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    "believe with your heart that you will do.....What you were made to do" add me you like.....We will kick you up a notch...or two:bigsmile:
  • mikethomas52
    Options
    The best motivation is to set weekly goals, to ultimately reach a long term goal. I first started with only a change in diet. Never really exercised but maybe once a week recreational basketball or something. I lost about 15 lbs on diet alone, made a big noticeable change. Then i kicked it up with exercise, running, i have a smart phone, and use myfitnesspal and mapmyrun to keep track of how much exercise i do. These little things keep me motivated, the ability to track and detail my diet and exercise really shows how it works. The daily calorie intake is a very nice feature to keep you on track to your goals.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Starts w you, are you ready to get serious and dedicate time towards exercise and healthy choices? Set goals by the week and not any farther, reward yourself w a small gift if u meet that goal
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Think about the end result.

I went from 90kgs to currently 58.8kgs. That should be motivation. I was at first so unmotivated! But then I discovered this site.

Try promise yourself to login every day, that will help and keep logging your food. And be consistent with the healthy eating. But have a little treat every now and then. As I found if I had a treat now and then, I was less likely to binge on bad foods and throw my diet out the window.

I figure, if I can do it, and I was always never consistent for any longer then 2-3wks, then anyone can.

Look at my before and after pic's on my profile and that will show you how much of a difference this site and consistency can make.

If you find structured exercise hard, like the gym or exercise equipment, just start with walking. I did that. I just did a lot of walking, as that is easier to motivate myself for. I'd just get outside and walk and gradually I got fitter and fitter.

Also, do what you have done here. Come here for some encouragement and/or motivation if you're having trouble finding it within yourself.

Hope that helps :smile:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Answer these questions, in writing, and add them to your profile page. read them when you need motivation:

1. What do I hate about being overweight? list at least 10 things. be brutally honest.

2. What do I like about being overweight?