Spaghetti sauce gets me every time
    6/3: 164.0๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ
    6:4: 164.4 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    6:5: 163.5 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ
    6/6: 163.5๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜
    6/7:163.5 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿค”
    6/8: 163.5 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
    I checked the scale and it seems to be working ๐Ÿ˜‚
    6/9: 162.2๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ Finally!!!
    6/10: 163.5 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ˜•well that didn't last long ๐Ÿ˜‚
    6/11: 162.9 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    6/12: 162.9 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    6/13: 163.1 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿคจ
    6/14: 162.9 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜•
    6/15: 161.5 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ
    6/16: 162.2 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅด
    6/17: 162.0 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    6/18: 160.4 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    June daily weigh in

Start weight 107.2
    Goal weight 105

1. At mums - no scales
    2. At mums - no scales
    3. At mums - no scales
    4. 107.2kg
    5. Really sick no weigh in
    6. 106.8kg
    7. 107.2
    8. 107.4kg
    9. 108kg
    10. 108.3kg
    11. 109 ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ฉ
    12. 108.3kg
    13. 108.1kg
    14. 108.6kg ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž
    15. 108.4kg
    16. 107.8kg
    17. 107.9kg
    18. 107.9kg
    19. 108.2kg
  • ozdeelite
    Options
    Sick of looking like this. I need help. Iโ€™m trying to be more active but have a wicked sugar addiction!

7lcaolmmibzs.jpeg
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Happy June!!! <3

SW-151.6
    GW-148
    UGW-140.0

1. DNW
    2. 151.6 <3
    3. 149.6 FINALLY!!!! :#:#

10. 151.2 <3 The last week has been insane! Future husband brought home 3 neonatal kittens that were in the back of a garbage truck at the landfill (FH is a diesel mechanic) and I have been bottle feeding them around the clock. I am tired, but the kittens seem to be thriving and my heart is happy. Hoping to get back on track now. My wedding band came in at it is a smidge too tight, so I really NEED to lose these last pounds!
    11. 151.2 <3
    12. 151.6 <3
    13. 150.8 <3
    14. 150.2 <3 creeeeeepin :|
    15. 150.6 <3
    16. DNW
    17. 149.6 <3
    18. 150.0 <3 This scale is toying with me!!!
    19. 150.2 <3 Man oh man, this is getting tough. These last 10 are gonna drive me bonkers.
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Charlene here. I'm 59yo, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 kids, 9 grandkids, and I'm a caregiver for the elderly so they can stay in their homes.

June goal: 180.0

June 1: 182.1 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜€
    June 2: 180.6 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿคฏ ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ
    June 3: 181.2 โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿฅ
    June 4: 183.4 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿค”
    June 5: 182.0 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ˜€
    June 6: 182.3 โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿค
    June 7: 181.9 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜€
    June 8: 182.7 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    June 9: 183.2 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿคฆ
    June 10: DNW ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ (out of town)
    June 11: 183.3 โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿค
    June 12: 184.2 ๐Ÿฅ๐ŸŽ‚
    June 13: 184.2 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐ŸŸฐ
    June 14: 184.3 โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿค”
    June 15: 181.2 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€
    June 16: 181.0 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€
    June 17: 181.0 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿง‚ ๐ŸŸฐ
    June 18: 180.8 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿค
    June 19: 181.0 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿค

Well, those little ups and downs, bound to happen. I wasn't as careful yesterday, so I went outside the plan with bites and tastes while I was prepping meals for work. Those tastes are hard to log, but I estimated. I think I will split the difference and do a 1400 calorie day today, instead of the 1570 that I would normally do, so that number on the scale doesn't continue to creep up.

Tried out my new ironing board; I was working on hemming a pair of hubby's slacks, but the pad of the new board was so thin that ironing was going to leave pattern marks from the metal frame. I needed to take the cover off the ironing board to add a layer of heat-resistant padding. Fortunately, I had some in my stash already and didn't need to run to the fabric store. I bought the new board specifically so that I could adjust the height lower, to sit to iron; I have plantar fasciitis and it really acts up when I'm standing in one place for a long time, like with ironing.
  • cattherien
    Options
    @deepwoodslady yay little drop! ๐Ÿค And, yay to good self-care at the hair salon. Bonus!

@ilive2walk that's awesome that you got to 'swim with sea turtles' without having to pay the tour fee! I wonder if it's the same turtles anyway...๐Ÿค”

it sounds like you are doing pretty well with eating and getting some exercise. VRBO at a hotel, imagine that!

@ginnygee1 welcome back, and I hope you made wonderful memories at the wedding!

@lifechanges2day hey Kathy I see you! Hooray breaking into 160, you're on your way to smashing this month's goal. ๐Ÿ”ฅ

@ozdeelite that sugar addiction is really, really hard to break! Any chance you can replace some of the sugary food you'd normally crave, with fruit and dark(er) chocolate?

@rh1ab1a right??!! Why is it or bodies totally resist losing that last 10 pounds?! Especially when it seemed [relatively] easy - easier- to lose that first 10!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,929 Member
    edited June 19
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty), back for another month with this supportive group. I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023, and with this group since April 2023.

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒปHappy June!๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ˜Ž

My Goals for June

๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 8k Steps (lowering due to knee injury - may increase later in month if I heal)
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ Stretching routine - 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    ๐Ÿ“– ๐ŸŽฎ or ME! Read, play a game or Me time daily
    โš–๏ธ Lose 2% of body weight - Stretch Goal 4 pounds

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6

June Starting Weight: 149.6

Each Month I write a reflection on how the month went. Here is mine from May if you want to read. For the new people (and the not so new)- I strongly encourage you to take some before pictures. I didn't do so in the beginning and I regret it. It takes a LONG time to actually see a difference in yourself, and to be honest takes a long time for those that are around you every day to see it too. If you take some before and after pictures every month you'll notice the difference sooner, which can be quite a motivating to keep going. You will acctually see all the hard work that you are doing is paying off. And believe me it is really hard! Be proud of what you are doing - put yourself first sometimes. You are allowed to do so! You've Got This!

May Reflection

Iโ€™ll start with the good this month. I lost weight this month! Not the four pounds I wanted to lose but a loss. Two pounds towards my goal and met my goal to get into the 140s! I am down 78.4 pounds since starting my weight loss journey.

I reached the 1,200 mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024. I have logged 1,215 miles to date. My tracker remains in the purple range (that means I will make it). So far have averaged 7.99 miles per day. This tracker is all miles walked โ€“ not just intentional. I am also tracking my intentional miles, just to see how I do. To date I have tracked 917.9 intentional miles. This puts me at 45% complete (just ahead of where I should be to meet the goal).

My Biggest Loser and Hogwarts challenges both were running in May. I have wonderful teams for both challenges. Such a fantastic and inspiring group of people all helping each other meet our goals. I have said it before and I will say it again, I wouldnโ€™t be where I am without them. They keep me motivated and accountable and make this journey a fun one.

Now for the ugly - I had an injury mid-month that has been very discouraging for my goals. I hurt my knee somehow which has limited my mobility. For the past couple weeks have been limited to a few small walks, and mostly seated chair exercises. I found a couple workouts that are halfway decent, but honestly donโ€™t know how well I am actually burning calories. I had an orthopedic appointment and MRI, but am still waiting for my follow-up appointment to discuss what they found. It is scheduled for June 4th. I have been continuing the strength, cardio, and stretch exercises but my 17K a day steps didnโ€™t happen. I did not meet my 250 miles or my 150 miles of intentional walking this month.

I finished the first book of the Harry Potter series, along with my Hogwarts Challenge. I am continuing to read the third book of the Invisible Library Series โ€“ โ€œThe Burning Pageโ€, but honestly donโ€™t really enjoy it โ€“ so it has been a tough one.

I have realized that my mission to reach the ideal range by my birthday in August will be a stretch and that is disappointing. Realistically, and at the rate I have been losing lately, it will probably be October so am setting this as my new goal. After reaching, I want to lose another five pounds to keep myself under control. My goal to reach that additional five pounds is my two-year mark on this journey โ€“ January 8, 2025!

I WILL get there.

My June Goals:

โ€ข Lose 4 pounds (always my goal), but be happy with a 2% loss for the month
    โ€ข Alternate days of Cardio and Strength Training
    โ€ข Stretch 3 days per week
    โ€ข Finish the Burning Page and find something fun to read

My Before and After for May:

wl61a7zo63pa.png

๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME!
    June 1: 149.6 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Got it all done yesterday. Today will be a fun day - still hope to get it all done. My sister is having a picnic today, with the family and friends. I promise to make some good choices and will do my best to log everything. Hoping not to see the 50s tomorrow but I do expect it - and it will be temporary!

June 2: 150.2 ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ฆ๐ŸŽฎME! What I expected, but had a wonderful time yesterday. I logged everything (and it wasn't pretty). Back to it today!

June 3: 148 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! I got it all done. It was the last day of the Hogwarts challenge and I had to meet my unbreakable vow. Silly me, vowed to average at least 100 minutes of intentional exercise over four weeks. I started out ok, but then my knee injury came in week three. Without my hour walk in the AM, 100 minutes is a LOT - especially in a chair. But I did it (it helped that I did a lot in the beginning of the month)! Also at the end of last month I decided to give my plateau a boost and ordered a week of Nutrisystem. It appears to be working. My body probably just needed a change in diet!

June 4: 148.2 ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! It was bingo night with Mom last night, noone won. I did have a peppermint patty - which is off my plan this week. Slightly over on the calories. Didn't make my step goal yesterday, thinking I might be a stretch, but will keep it there until I hear from the doctor today. I am a little nervous about what she will say - hoping at least they can tell me why I hurt.

June 5: 147 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Complete rest day for me. First no exercise day in a LONG time. I am going to start doing this once a week. Had my follow-up appointment yesterday - torn meniscus with moderate arthritis. My doctor said that the combination of the two makes the treatment a little trickier. The meniscus tear surgery can lead to worsening the arthritis. With that in mind she suggested a cortizone shot. I went with that option, I don't feel much differnt today - but she said it might take a bit. Fingers crossed it works. I am very happy about my weight loss - looks like the Nutrisystem boost is working - probably coupled with the ibuprofen detox!

June 6: 146.8 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Beautiful day, we spent it on the boat on the Connecticut River. I don't know what it is - but just so relaxing sitting on the water. Got in a small seated cardio, and some stretching when we go home. The NS still appears to be working, so ordered another week and then I am done. They had a free order a la cart trial for the month - just what I needed.

June 7: 146.7 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Quiet day for me. Felt a little better so cleaned the kitchen and family room, and vaccuumed. Then felt a little sore. Hoping to finish the downstairs today. I also got in a STANDING strength workout (knee friendly - no squats, no lunges) and it felt wonderful. Hoping to get in a 1/2 mile walk today - baby steps! Didn't meet my step goal - but easing into it. I kind of feel guilty about claiming the ones above - because they were seated steps - but then I said - it was still steps - take the win!

June 8: 146.2 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Happy Weekend! I got in a 1/2 mile walk - Woo Hoo. Was going to attempt to do my cardio routine standing - but ending up sitting down. Guess I'm not ready for that. Didn't get the rest of the house cleaned - hubby took down a tree yesterday that was blocking the sun for the garden. I watch while he drops the tree to make sure that he is safe. It got hung up in another tree (yes this is Dรฉjร  vu the same thing happened the last time he dropped a tree)- so was out there until he could get it safely to the ground. Before I knew it the day was gone.

June 9: 146.3 ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Was an off the rail day for me. Ate what I wanted, no exercise. I did track everything, was 600 calories above my goal! The one saving grace was that it was not sodium related - was actually under that goal. I was actually plesantly surprised it didn't jump higher - might show up on the scale tomorrow. Back to it today!

June 10: 146.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Yup, my spluge is showing up a little at a time. Was on point days yesterday. Got in a mile walk, and some strength training. I am super excited. We just booked a last minute trip to Hawaii! We have to drop off Allyson at JFK and said as long as we are there, why don't we use those frequent flyer miles that we have used in AGES! Got a super deal on a last minute condo. Gong to go on the cheap - eat a some meals in (we have a full kitchen). Just doing Oahu - no island jumping - have been before so no expensive sight seeing tickets. Just going to enjoy the beach, weather and hopefully get in a few hikes (if my knee will take it). We leave next Sunday for nine days. I don't think I will have access to a scale (unless the resort gym has one), so won't be weighing in - but I'll check in - maybe not daily - but I'll check in.

June 11: 145.9 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Bingo night with Mom, and resisted the goodies! Having the trip a less than a week away is a motivation to do well this week.

Jun 12: 145.4 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Feeling good. The cortizone shot worked. I still wake up with a little pain and stiffness, but it goes away during the day. Met my 5.5 mile goal (that's the amount you need per day for 2024 in 2024). The Nutrisystem experiment was also a good one for me. I have three days left of food, and then back to making my own. What I've learned is that my deficit calculation was off - I'm going to stick to the 1300 calorie range that I consumed with NS and see if that works for me. It will be tough next week while I am away but will do that when I return.

June 13: 145.2 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Got a beautiful walk in - up to 2 miles. Thinking that is as far as I am going to push myself for the next month or so. Washed the back deck, cleaned a little. Tried on some clothes for trip. The good news is that a lot of the dresses and bathing suits didn't fit (another big bag to go to goodwill), the bad news is that a lot of the dresses and bathing suits didn't fit. I am packing light! LOL. I always bring more than I need anyway.

June 14: 145.0 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! I start PT today, kind of silly because it will be another two weeks before I can go back, but at least it will show me the correct stretches to do on my own. This is my last day of Nutrisystem Food and it is pre-logged so have my stats. Here is what I found out.
    1. It works - I got over my plateau and continued to lose - lost almost 5 pounds in two weeks. ๐Ÿ˜
    2. It was super easy to follow ๐Ÿ˜ but, had we had to cook two meals daily - one for me, one for Greg. โ˜น๏ธ
    3. The food was edible - not fantastic, not gross ๐Ÿ˜
    4. I did not meet my protein goal most days โ˜น๏ธ, but met carb, fat, sodium and fiber goals almost every day ๐Ÿ˜.
    5. Most days the calories were about 1,350 - ranging from a little under 1,200 to 1,600. I wasn't hungry. ๐Ÿ˜
    6. I usually eat 5 fruits/veggies a day - but switched to 4 veggies one fruit on Nutrisystem. ๐Ÿ˜
    6. It's doable as a quick fix, I couldn't do it long term. ๐Ÿ˜
    7. Overall - I am extremely happy with the weight loss. So overall score! ๐Ÿ˜ But am really looking forward to cooking again! ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿณ
    8. Next step - see if I gain it all back?

June 15 145.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! I did it to myself - even though I was under my calorie range - off plan and over sodium limit. Leaving tomorrow AM. I am going to be realistic. I will not be losing weight while away - I'm not going to let it be a free for all, but expect an increase - just hoping that it won't be the USUAL vacation increase! I'll check in from time to time - but see you all in nine days!

June 16 147 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Father's Day pizza - salt, salt, salt.

June 17 146.8 Yes ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! I have access to a scale. Don't know if I will weigh in every day - but will probably be here. It is part of my morning ritual, kind of like my diary! Travel day day, airplane food, then out to dinner. Even though we had an 11 hour flight, I had a LOT of steps. Here is a the view from my room. Beach day today!
    92g6t0lzvihp.jpg

June 18 146.5 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“๐ŸŠ ๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Beautiful day. We spent it at the beach. When we were swimming two sea turtles swam up to us. Apparently it is a $1000 fine if you touch them, but what if they touch you? LOL! Bringing our underwater camera pouch today to see if we can get pictures. Hopefully they will return. We were going to take a tour to swim with turtles later in the week, now we don't have to waste our money on that. I think I did pretty well with the eating, I did have an ice cream, but ate breakfast in, and ate only half of each meal at lunch and dinner. Brought the rest home for future breakfast and/or lunches. Since we are a VRBO, and did not book directly with the resort - I can't use the fitness center (apparently they couldn't agree on a contract), so did laps in the pool for my exercise. It was a nice change, and easy on the knees. Still waking up at 3:30 AM Hawaii time, but that give me a chance to check in and plan the day.

June 19 146.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“๐ŸŠ ๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! More of the same. Yes, I could this every day and not get bored. The pool for laps in the AM, then the beach in the afternoon. Didn't see the turtles but, I'm getting my blue water and sand fix. Read, walked around the city. Another day of eating above my calorie range.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,796 Member
    Options
    Happy June! ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒบ
    My goals this month are to enjoy being outside, spending time with family, and fully embrace my journey to better health.

Here is to logging, walking, and weighing daily!

June 1: 211.6
    June 2: 211.5
    June 3: 210.6
    June 4: 211.4 boing. Will drink more water today then swim this afternoon.
    June 5: 211.4 time to cut the grass before is rains!
    June 6: 212.2 I did get the grass cut before the rain yesterday, but I do need to โ€œreign inโ€ my mindless grazing. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    June 7: 210.6 ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒบ reached my goals yesterdayโ€ฆ logged foodโ€ฆ finished day under caloriesโ€ฆ did 16 minutes of dancingโ€ฆ feeling great!!
    June 8: 210.3โ€ฆyesterday was another day of starting with dancingโ€ฆlogged breakfast onlyโ€ฆ slowly building good habits.Took the day off to hang out with my hubby and see the Tigers play today. โšพ๏ธ๐Ÿงข
    June 9: 211.4 yepโ€ฆ thatโ€™s about right. Back to better choices todayโ€ฆ but the ballpark yesterday was fun!
    June 10: 211.4
    June 11: 212
    June 12: 212 time to cut the grass!
    June 13: done
    June 14: 214.4 โš–๏ธโœ๏ธ ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธFeeling motivated to get my weight and mindless grazing back under control. Iโ€™ve looked back and Iโ€™ve gained 15 pounds over the past year. That needs to stop now. Iโ€™m over it.

Daily Walking or dancing helps my mental health and I always feel good when I do it in the morning. I know that I canโ€™t out walk my overeating, but is a good โ€œstepโ€ in the right direction ๐Ÿ˜‰

Logging is my friend, so why do I dread it so? When I log consistently, everything seems to fall into place. I just need to do it without judging myself. I need to make small changes for success and a healthier lifestyle.

Mid month challenge: walk at least 5 days for 15 minutes or more & log daily for the rest of this month.

June 15: 212 โš–๏ธ Feeling back on track. Progress over perfection!
    June 16: 212.3 โš–๏ธ gotta keep working on loggingโ€ฆ
    June 17: dnw dnl
    June 18: dnw. Dnl.
    June 19: 212.6 whew! After 2 days of not weighing or logging I was expecting a big jump. I take this as a win.๐Ÿ†

Jill๐Ÿฅฐ
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,237 Member
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from May 31st): 181.8
    Goal: 177.8 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

06/01-182.4-(Trend Weight 185.3)-

06/02-183.4-(Trend Weight 185.2)-

06/03-184.6-(Trend Weight 185.2)-

06/04-182.6-(Trend Weight 184.9)-

06/05-181.2-(Trend Weight 184.5)-

06/06-181.4-(Trend Weight 184.2)-

06/07-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/08-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/09-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/10-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/11-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/12-DNW-(Trend WeightDNW)-

06/13-183.4- (Trend Weight184.8)-

06/14-183.6- (Trend Weight184.6)-

06/15-182.8- (Trend Weight184.4)-

06/16-184.4- (Trend Weight[184.5[/b])-

06/17-187.0-(Trend Weight 184.7)-

06/18-186.4-(Trend Weight 184.9)- I didnโ€™t go as low in calorie as I had wanted for a redemption day, but I did stay within my normal median calorie โ€œdietโ€ level so there was a bit of a drop today. I did not get in the water that Iโ€™d promised myself either. Exercise was non-existent due to the heat. I dd do some light yard work late in the evening and little housework in the afternoon but not enough to pat myself on the back about. Today is a long hairdresser appt so there will be a lot of sitting. Another hot one expected but the salon should have A/C so it will be better than being at home sweating with just a mediocre fan! Have a nice Tuesday everyone!

06/19-186.2-(Trend Weight 185.0)- I went to the hairdressers yesterday to have my roots just across the top foiled a bit with some blending color. I have been in the process of seeing how I would look with some natural grays so the foils are only to blend with my bottom half and make it look a bit better in the process. My head is losing so much hair (balding even) that the salon refused to put any chemicals or dye onto it this time. From here on out, cuts only. No dye, no perms, no matter how small. My dermatologist specialist Iโ€™m being sent to canโ€™t see me until October but it is a well-respected doctor working for University of Michigan. It will be nice to find out what is going on. I was bald once during my chemo treatments years ago. I donโ€™t want to deal with that again. Is this weight loss induced? My cancer medication (or another medication)? Hormone related? Vitamin deficiency? Protein deficiency? Needless to say Iโ€™ve tried everything on my own. I canโ€™t take much more loss, especially in the shower. So my 3 hour appointment was more like 20 minutes. I ended up heading out of town for some diet snacks I was running low on. I didnโ€™t get home until 8 pm after shopping. Dinner was out (Mexican) so Iโ€™m glad I still had a small loss. Hopefully no surprises on the scale tomorrow.

06/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • ozdeelite
    Options
    @cattherien Fruit doesnโ€™t cut it! I have struggled with binge eating previously. So need to learn restraint. Opting for dark chocolate is a good idea- I just need to learn to not eat large quantities!

So itโ€™s nearly the end of the month and Iโ€™m pretty much at the start weight for the month - at that pesky 7kg - 8kg mark and need to push my body to break the plateau.

June daily weigh in

Start weight 107.2
    Goal weight 105

1. At mums - no scales
    2. At mums - no scales
    3. At mums - no scales
    4. 107.2kg
    5. Really sick no weigh in
    6. 106.8kg
    7. 107.2
    8. 107.4kg
    9. 108kg
    10. 108.3kg
    11. 109 ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ฉ
    12. 108.3kg
    13. 108.1kg
    14. 108.6kg ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž
    15. 108.4kg
    16. 107.8kg
    17. 107.9kg
    18. 107.9kg
    19. 108.2kg
    20. 107.3kg ๐Ÿ˜€
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    @ozdeelite As someone with a sugar addiction as well, I can say fruit is your friend. Try eating more of it. Apples help fill you up, Strawberries are good too. Whatever fruit you like. You can even try Greek yogurt with fruit in it, as a snack, breakfast, or even as a dessert. If you like chocolate which I think every woman does, Try chocolate jello pudding or trufru chocolate-covered fruit in the frozen food section. They do have some fat so it's wise to stick to the serving size but they are yummy and low-calorie.
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Hi my name is Kathy 55yr 5'5"
    From NY finger lakes region

SW: 2/04/24: 191.4lb
    UGW: 9/08/24: 145lb
    March 01: 184.9lb
    W: 3/31: 177.0lb
    W: 4/30: 171.9lb
    W: 5/31: 165.7lb

Total loss 25.7 lb
    20.7lb to UGW

June Goal 160

6/1: 165.7๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    6/2: 166.2๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿคจ
    Spaghetti sauce gets me every time
    6/3: 164.0๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ
    6:4: 164.4 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    6:5: 163.5 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ
    6/6: 163.5๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜
    6/7:163.5 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿค”
    6/8: 163.5 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
    I checked the scale and it seems to be working ๐Ÿ˜‚
    6/9: 162.2๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ Finally!!!
    6/10: 163.5 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ˜•well that didn't last long ๐Ÿ˜‚
    6/11: 162.9 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    6/12: 162.9 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    6/13: 163.1 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿคจ
    6/14: 162.9 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜•
    6/15: 161.5 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ
    6/16: 162.2 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅด
    6/17: 162.0 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    6/18: 160.4 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ
    6/19: 159.8 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ
    I haven't seen the 150's in 9 years! I don't know if it will still be there tomorrow the way I fluctuate but it's there today Woo Hoo
  • cattherien
    Options
    Hey all, Charlene here. I'm 59yo, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 kids, 9 grandkids, and I'm a caregiver for the elderly so they can stay in their homes.

June goal: 180.0

June 1: 182.1 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜€
    June 2: 180.6 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿคฏ ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ
    June 3: 181.2 โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿฅ
    June 4: 183.4 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿค”
    June 5: 182.0 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ˜€
    June 6: 182.3 โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿค
    June 7: 181.9 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜€
    June 8: 182.7 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    June 9: 183.2 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿคฆ
    June 10: DNW ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ (out of town)
    June 11: 183.3 โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿค
    June 12: 184.2 ๐Ÿฅ๐ŸŽ‚
    June 13: 184.2 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐ŸŸฐ
    June 14: 184.3 โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿค”
    June 15: 181.2 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€
    June 16: 181.0 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€
    June 17: 181.0 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿง‚ ๐ŸŸฐ
    June 18: 180.8 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿค
    June 19: 181.0 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿค
    June 20: 180.6 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŽ‰

Hey there we go! I kept those calories just under 1400 yesterday, and swapped out some carbs because I was pretty full from my morning snack. I'm finding it easier to meet my water goal now, hooray! I'm confident I can win the scale game this month, I'm on a winning streak. Bring on those 170's! Let's go! Today is a 1200 calorie day, and I work this morning but I have errands to run afterwards. Bringing fruit with me to get those snacks in, then I'm less tempted to hit the drive-thru.
  • cattherien
    Options
    @deepwoodslady ohmygosh, I might know why you're losing hair. So it's a bit of a long story and I'll try to keep it brief. No - I'll just tldr... Get your hormones checked, specifically a full female hormone panel (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone) and a full thyroid panel (TSH, free t4, free t3).

5 years ago, I literally had bald spots. Hair was coming out so much that I was wearing wigs and toppers. So embarrassing. Went to so many doctors for so many years... Finally at a hairdresser, the lady in the chair to my right overheard me talking about it with my stylist, and she suggested I see a gynecologist, because the same thing had happened to her. Yep, come to find out, my estrogen level was so low that it only measured at 15. Even at my age it should've been 50 or more! She put me on HRT and the hair came back! It's never gonna be as full as it was when I was 30, but at 59 I have beautiful full hair (which I color because I refuse to go gray, lol). I now see an online gynecologist, at Gennev, and I couldn't be happier with the service and the price. They do take major insurance, too. I get my own labs done at a Quest Lab locally and then I can check my hormone levels.

@ozdeelite I echo what Lisa said! Try eating fresh strawberries with a couple squares of 70% chocolate; it tastes like chocolate-dipped strawberries (or just melt chocolate in the microwave and dip the fresh berries right in). 70%, that's the same ratio as semisweet chocolate chips. It does help like she said, and the fiber in the fruit and the chocolate is really helpful too in making you feel fuller. Your taste buds will shift and the fruit will seem sweeter, but that takes a few weeks of diligence in lowering the refined sugar in your diet. Maybe it would help if you remind yourself that refined sugar makes your taste buds dull and makes you crave more of it, as well as craving salt. A double whammy.

@lifechanges2day ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ whoop whoop! Hooray 150's! Look at you go, smashing that June goal, well on to that last 15 pounds. So proud of you! ๐ŸŽ–๏ธ๐ŸŽ–๏ธ๐ŸŽ–๏ธ๐ŸŽ–๏ธ๐ŸŽ–๏ธ
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Happy June!!! <3

SW-151.6
    GW-148
    UGW-140.0

1. DNW
    2. 151.6 <3
    3. 149.6 FINALLY!!!! :#:#

10. 151.2 <3 The last week has been insane! Future husband brought home 3 neonatal kittens that were in the back of a garbage truck at the landfill (FH is a diesel mechanic) and I have been bottle feeding them around the clock. I am tired, but the kittens seem to be thriving and my heart is happy. Hoping to get back on track now. My wedding band came in at it is a smidge too tight, so I really NEED to lose these last pounds!
    11. 151.2 <3
    12. 151.6 <3
    13. 150.8 <3
    14. 150.2 <3 creeeeeepin :|
    15. 150.6 <3
    16. DNW
    17. 149.6 <3
    18. 150.0 <3 This scale is toying with me!!!
    19. 150.2 <3 Man oh man, this is getting tough. These last 10 are gonna drive me bonkers.
    20. 150.6 <3 TOM showed up yesterday, so I'm not too worried about the weight spike. I usually have pretty bad bloating during my monthly so hoping this will resolve in a few days! Although the cheesecake bites in my freezer are calling my name, I didn't give in and had oatmeal for breakfast.
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty), back for another month with this supportive group. I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023, and with this group since April 2023.

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒปHappy June!๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ˜Ž

My Goals for June

๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 8k Steps (lowering due to knee injury - may increase later in month if I heal)
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ Stretching routine - 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    ๐Ÿ“– ๐ŸŽฎ or ME! Read, play a game or Me time daily
    โš–๏ธ Lose 2% of body weight - Stretch Goal 4 pounds

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6

June Starting Weight: 149.6

Each Month I write a reflection on how the month went. Here is mine from May if you want to read. For the new people (and the not so new)- I strongly encourage you to take some before pictures. I didn't do so in the beginning and I regret it. It takes a LONG time to actually see a difference in yourself, and to be honest takes a long time for those that are around you every day to see it too. If you take some before and after pictures every month you'll notice the difference sooner, which can be quite a motivating to keep going. You will acctually see all the hard work that you are doing is paying off. And believe me it is really hard! Be proud of what you are doing - put yourself first sometimes. You are allowed to do so! You've Got This!

May Reflection

Iโ€™ll start with the good this month. I lost weight this month! Not the four pounds I wanted to lose but a loss. Two pounds towards my goal and met my goal to get into the 140s! I am down 78.4 pounds since starting my weight loss journey.

I reached the 1,200 mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024. I have logged 1,215 miles to date. My tracker remains in the purple range (that means I will make it). So far have averaged 7.99 miles per day. This tracker is all miles walked โ€“ not just intentional. I am also tracking my intentional miles, just to see how I do. To date I have tracked 917.9 intentional miles. This puts me at 45% complete (just ahead of where I should be to meet the goal).

My Biggest Loser and Hogwarts challenges both were running in May. I have wonderful teams for both challenges. Such a fantastic and inspiring group of people all helping each other meet our goals. I have said it before and I will say it again, I wouldnโ€™t be where I am without them. They keep me motivated and accountable and make this journey a fun one.

Now for the ugly - I had an injury mid-month that has been very discouraging for my goals. I hurt my knee somehow which has limited my mobility. For the past couple weeks have been limited to a few small walks, and mostly seated chair exercises. I found a couple workouts that are halfway decent, but honestly donโ€™t know how well I am actually burning calories. I had an orthopedic appointment and MRI, but am still waiting for my follow-up appointment to discuss what they found. It is scheduled for June 4th. I have been continuing the strength, cardio, and stretch exercises but my 17K a day steps didnโ€™t happen. I did not meet my 250 miles or my 150 miles of intentional walking this month.

I finished the first book of the Harry Potter series, along with my Hogwarts Challenge. I am continuing to read the third book of the Invisible Library Series โ€“ โ€œThe Burning Pageโ€, but honestly donโ€™t really enjoy it โ€“ so it has been a tough one.

I have realized that my mission to reach the ideal range by my birthday in August will be a stretch and that is disappointing. Realistically, and at the rate I have been losing lately, it will probably be October so am setting this as my new goal. After reaching, I want to lose another five pounds to keep myself under control. My goal to reach that additional five pounds is my two-year mark on this journey โ€“ January 8, 2025!

I WILL get there.

My June Goals:

โ€ข Lose 4 pounds (always my goal), but be happy with a 2% loss for the month
    โ€ข Alternate days of Cardio and Strength Training
    โ€ข Stretch 3 days per week
    โ€ข Finish the Burning Page and find something fun to read

My Before and After for May:

wl61a7zo63pa.png

๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME!
    June 1: 149.6 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Got it all done yesterday. Today will be a fun day - still hope to get it all done. My sister is having a picnic today, with the family and friends. I promise to make some good choices and will do my best to log everything. Hoping not to see the 50s tomorrow but I do expect it - and it will be temporary!

June 2: 150.2 ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ฆ๐ŸŽฎME! What I expected, but had a wonderful time yesterday. I logged everything (and it wasn't pretty). Back to it today!

June 3: 148 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! I got it all done. It was the last day of the Hogwarts challenge and I had to meet my unbreakable vow. Silly me, vowed to average at least 100 minutes of intentional exercise over four weeks. I started out ok, but then my knee injury came in week three. Without my hour walk in the AM, 100 minutes is a LOT - especially in a chair. But I did it (it helped that I did a lot in the beginning of the month)! Also at the end of last month I decided to give my plateau a boost and ordered a week of Nutrisystem. It appears to be working. My body probably just needed a change in diet!

June 4: 148.2 ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! It was bingo night with Mom last night, noone won. I did have a peppermint patty - which is off my plan this week. Slightly over on the calories. Didn't make my step goal yesterday, thinking I might be a stretch, but will keep it there until I hear from the doctor today. I am a little nervous about what she will say - hoping at least they can tell me why I hurt.

June 5: 147 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Complete rest day for me. First no exercise day in a LONG time. I am going to start doing this once a week. Had my follow-up appointment yesterday - torn meniscus with moderate arthritis. My doctor said that the combination of the two makes the treatment a little trickier. The meniscus tear surgery can lead to worsening the arthritis. With that in mind she suggested a cortizone shot. I went with that option, I don't feel much differnt today - but she said it might take a bit. Fingers crossed it works. I am very happy about my weight loss - looks like the Nutrisystem boost is working - probably coupled with the ibuprofen detox!

June 6: 146.8 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Beautiful day, we spent it on the boat on the Connecticut River. I don't know what it is - but just so relaxing sitting on the water. Got in a small seated cardio, and some stretching when we go home. The NS still appears to be working, so ordered another week and then I am done. They had a free order a la cart trial for the month - just what I needed.

June 7: 146.7 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Quiet day for me. Felt a little better so cleaned the kitchen and family room, and vaccuumed. Then felt a little sore. Hoping to finish the downstairs today. I also got in a STANDING strength workout (knee friendly - no squats, no lunges) and it felt wonderful. Hoping to get in a 1/2 mile walk today - baby steps! Didn't meet my step goal - but easing into it. I kind of feel guilty about claiming the ones above - because they were seated steps - but then I said - it was still steps - take the win!

June 8: 146.2 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Happy Weekend! I got in a 1/2 mile walk - Woo Hoo. Was going to attempt to do my cardio routine standing - but ending up sitting down. Guess I'm not ready for that. Didn't get the rest of the house cleaned - hubby took down a tree yesterday that was blocking the sun for the garden. I watch while he drops the tree to make sure that he is safe. It got hung up in another tree (yes this is Dรฉjร  vu the same thing happened the last time he dropped a tree)- so was out there until he could get it safely to the ground. Before I knew it the day was gone.

June 9: 146.3 ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Was an off the rail day for me. Ate what I wanted, no exercise. I did track everything, was 600 calories above my goal! The one saving grace was that it was not sodium related - was actually under that goal. I was actually plesantly surprised it didn't jump higher - might show up on the scale tomorrow. Back to it today!

June 10: 146.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Yup, my spluge is showing up a little at a time. Was on point days yesterday. Got in a mile walk, and some strength training. I am super excited. We just booked a last minute trip to Hawaii! We have to drop off Allyson at JFK and said as long as we are there, why don't we use those frequent flyer miles that we have used in AGES! Got a super deal on a last minute condo. Gong to go on the cheap - eat a some meals in (we have a full kitchen). Just doing Oahu - no island jumping - have been before so no expensive sight seeing tickets. Just going to enjoy the beach, weather and hopefully get in a few hikes (if my knee will take it). We leave next Sunday for nine days. I don't think I will have access to a scale (unless the resort gym has one), so won't be weighing in - but I'll check in - maybe not daily - but I'll check in.

June 11: 145.9 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Bingo night with Mom, and resisted the goodies! Having the trip a less than a week away is a motivation to do well this week.

Jun 12: 145.4 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Feeling good. The cortizone shot worked. I still wake up with a little pain and stiffness, but it goes away during the day. Met my 5.5 mile goal (that's the amount you need per day for 2024 in 2024). The Nutrisystem experiment was also a good one for me. I have three days left of food, and then back to making my own. What I've learned is that my deficit calculation was off - I'm going to stick to the 1300 calorie range that I consumed with NS and see if that works for me. It will be tough next week while I am away but will do that when I return.

June 13: 145.2 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Got a beautiful walk in - up to 2 miles. Thinking that is as far as I am going to push myself for the next month or so. Washed the back deck, cleaned a little. Tried on some clothes for trip. The good news is that a lot of the dresses and bathing suits didn't fit (another big bag to go to goodwill), the bad news is that a lot of the dresses and bathing suits didn't fit. I am packing light! LOL. I always bring more than I need anyway.

June 14: 145.0 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! I start PT today, kind of silly because it will be another two weeks before I can go back, but at least it will show me the correct stretches to do on my own. This is my last day of Nutrisystem Food and it is pre-logged so have my stats. Here is what I found out.
    1. It works - I got over my plateau and continued to lose - lost almost 5 pounds in two weeks. ๐Ÿ˜
    2. It was super easy to follow ๐Ÿ˜ but, had we had to cook two meals daily - one for me, one for Greg. โ˜น๏ธ
    3. The food was edible - not fantastic, not gross ๐Ÿ˜
    4. I did not meet my protein goal most days โ˜น๏ธ, but met carb, fat, sodium and fiber goals almost every day ๐Ÿ˜.
    5. Most days the calories were about 1,350 - ranging from a little under 1,200 to 1,600. I wasn't hungry. ๐Ÿ˜
    6. I usually eat 5 fruits/veggies a day - but switched to 4 veggies one fruit on Nutrisystem. ๐Ÿ˜
    6. It's doable as a quick fix, I couldn't do it long term. ๐Ÿ˜
    7. Overall - I am extremely happy with the weight loss. So overall score! ๐Ÿ˜ But am really looking forward to cooking again! ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿณ
    8. Next step - see if I gain it all back?

June 15 145.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! I did it to myself - even though I was under my calorie range - off plan and over sodium limit. Leaving tomorrow AM. I am going to be realistic. I will not be losing weight while away - I'm not going to let it be a free for all, but expect an increase - just hoping that it won't be the USUAL vacation increase! I'll check in from time to time - but see you all in nine days!

June 16 147 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Father's Day pizza - salt, salt, salt.

June 17 146.8 Yes ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! I have access to a scale. Don't know if I will weigh in every day - but will probably be here. It is part of my morning ritual, kind of like my diary! Travel day day, airplane food, then out to dinner. Even though we had an 11 hour flight, I had a LOT of steps. Here is a the view from my room. Beach day today!
    92g6t0lzvihp.jpg

June 18 146.5 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“๐ŸŠ ๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! Beautiful day. We spent it at the beach. When we were swimming two sea turtles swam up to us. Apparently it is a $1000 fine if you touch them, but what if they touch you? LOL! Bringing our underwater camera pouch today to see if we can get pictures. Hopefully they will return. We were going to take a tour to swim with turtles later in the week, now we don't have to waste our money on that. I think I did pretty well with the eating, I did have an ice cream, but ate breakfast in, and ate only half of each meal at lunch and dinner. Brought the rest home for future breakfast and/or lunches. Since we are a VRBO, and did not book directly with the resort - I can't use the fitness center (apparently they couldn't agree on a contract), so did laps in the pool for my exercise. It was a nice change, and easy on the knees. Still waking up at 3:30 AM Hawaii time, but that give me a chance to check in and plan the day.

June 19 145.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“๐ŸŠ ๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! More of the same. Yes, I could this every day and not get bored. The pool for laps in the AM, then the beach in the afternoon. Didn't see the turtles but, I'm getting my blue water and sand fix. Read, walked around the city. Another day of eating above my calorie range.

June 20 DNW Funny thing yesterday. It is weigh in day for the Biggest Loser Challenge that I am in. Couldn't sleep so got up at 3:00 AM Hawaii time, caught up on MFP, weighed in. Then finally went back to bed at 5:00 AM - got up at 7:30 and weighed in again - down a pound - same as last week. So changed my number for yesterday. A rest from the beach day. Lap swim at the pool in the AM. Then more walking around the city, stopped for Sushi for lunch. Then came back to our hotel, watched a movie. Self sabatoged after being happy about maintaining yesterday. It started off with having a couple of drinks. Always makes me throw caution to the wind, which is why I have mostly given up alcohol. Went out for ice cream and then to the to store and picked up some munchies (not a good thing), chocolate (it is dark chocolate) and stuff for dinner. A bumpy ride, but life is filled with those - back at it today - hoping for smooth sailing.
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    Up early again today, trying to get caught up on all the posts.

@deepwoodslady I didn't know that you were a widow. So sorry to hear. I hear you about traveling alone. That is the main reason we are on this trip. My daughter is here for a wedding, Her best friend is a military doctor and is stationed in Hawaii. He has been here for three years. She is the only friend from Connecticut that made the trip out for the wedding. All the others backed out - too expensive. This is the first time traveling on her own and was very nervous. So we decided to take the trip with her. She is still doing it on her own - haven't seen her - but we chat every day and am here if she needs us. So far she has been loving it. Maybe start small - just a weekend away to see how it goes. My guess, you might be pleasantly surprised, she has been.

@lifechanges2day Congratulations - just fantastic! Woo Hoo to you!

@cattherien Almost there - bring on the disco and satin pants - the 70s were good years!

@ozdeelite Just keep coming - you will win. One thing I found for my sweet - if I have enough calories left in my day (and only if) - Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips, topped with fat free whipped cream makes me feel like I am having an ice cream sundae.

• deepwoodslady
    Options
    Hi my name is Kathy 55yr 5'5"
    From NY finger lakes region

SW: 2/04/24: 191.4lb
    U
    6/19: 159.8 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ
    I haven't seen the 150's in 9 years! I don't know if it will still be there tomorrow the way I fluctuate but it's there today Woo Hoo

@lifechanges2day You are doing so very very well Kathy! Bravo, my friend! Congratulations on the 150's!!!! You may slightly wobble back and forth a little bit (like you mentioned) but now that you've touch them.....They are yours to grab hold of and keep! What an inspiration you are!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    @deepwoodslady ohmygosh, I might know why you're losing hair. So it's a bit of a long story and I'll try to keep it brief. No - I'll just tldr... Get your hormones checked, specifically a full female hormone panel (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone) and a full thyroid panel (TSH, free t4, free t3).

5 years ago, I literally had bald spots. Hair was coming out so much that I was wearing wigs and toppers. So embarrassing. Went to so many doctors for so many years... Finally at a hairdresser, the lady in the chair to my right overheard me talking about it with my stylist, and she suggested I see a gynecologist, because the same thing had happened to her. Yep, come to find out, my estrogen level was so low that it only measured at 15. Even at my age it should've been 50 or more! She put me on HRT and the hair came back! It's never gonna be as full as it was when I was 30, but at 59 I have beautiful full hair (which I color because I refuse to go gray, lol). I now see an online gynecologist, at Gennev, and I couldn't be happier with the service and the price. They do take major insurance, too. I get my own labs done at a Quest Lab locally and then I can check my hormone levels.

@ozdeelite Maybe it would help if you remind yourself that refined sugar makes your taste buds dull and makes you crave more of it, as well as craving salt. A double whammy.

@Catherien Funny you should mention about the estrogen. I am on an estrogen suppressor pill from my oncologist as my type of breast cancer that I had fed on estrogen. I also am a thyroid patient taking 150 mcg daily. My last two thyroid blood tests showed that my medication is a little high. The Endocrinologist kept me on 150 but has me skipping the pill one day a week, taking it for 6 days instead of 7. I wonder greatly about the HRT that you mentioned. I don't know whether to call my PCP or wait until my Oncology appointment in August. The new dermatologist is not until October..... Thanks so much for the insight!

Also in regards to your message to Ozdeelite..... Amazing to learn that refined sugar makes my taste buds dull and crave even more sugar as well as salt. At times my tastebuds go so back and forth I actually sit with a little saucer to dip a wet finger in the sugar, then dip into the salt. Back and forth, back and forth as my tastebuds need both and can never be satisfied. I need one right after the other!!! This helps me avoid actually eating items loaded with sugar (or salt). You've really helped me today!!! I do eat the 70% or higher cacao. It doesn't take long to get used to and one square is so condensed in flavor that it's usually enough for a snack. The problem just remains that I then want salty, then sweet again, then salty etc. etc. etc. My tastebuds need to be put on a diet too lol!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from May 31st): 181.8
    Goal: 177.8 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

06/01-182.4-(Trend Weight 185.3)-

06/02-183.4-(Trend Weight 185.2)-

06/03-184.6-(Trend Weight 185.2)-

06/04-182.6-(Trend Weight 184.9)-

06/05-181.2-(Trend Weight 184.5)-

06/06-181.4-(Trend Weight 184.2)-

06/07-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/08-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/09-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/10-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/11-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

06/12-DNW-(Trend WeightDNW)-

06/13-183.4- (Trend Weight184.8)-

06/14-183.6- (Trend Weight184.6)-

06/15-182.8- (Trend Weight184.4)-

06/16-184.4- (Trend Weight[184.5[/b])-

06/17-187.0-(Trend Weight 184.7)-

06/18-186.4-(Trend Weight 184.9)-

06/19-186.2-(Trend Weight 185.0)- I went to the hairdressers yesterday to have my roots just across the top foiled a bit with some blending color. I have been in the process of seeing how I would look with some natural grays so the foils are only to blend with my bottom half and make it look a bit better in the process. My head is losing so much hair (balding even) that the salon refused to put any chemicals or dye onto it this time. From here on out, cuts only. No dye, no perms, no matter how small. My dermatologist specialist Iโ€™m being sent to canโ€™t see me until October but it is a well-respected doctor working for University of Michigan. It will be nice to find out what is going on. I was bald once during my chemo treatments years ago. I donโ€™t want to deal with that again. Is this weight loss induced? My cancer medication (or another medication)? Hormone related? Vitamin deficiency? Protein deficiency? Needless to say Iโ€™ve tried everything on my own. I canโ€™t take much more loss, especially in the shower. So my 3 hour appointment was more like 20 minutes. I ended up heading out of town for some diet snacks I was running low on. I didnโ€™t get home until 8 pm after shopping. Dinner was out (Mexican) so Iโ€™m glad I still had a small loss. Hopefully no surprises on the scale tomorrow.

06/20-185.2-(Trend Weight 185.0)- A nice little one pound drop today which is likely a lot of fluid. I shed water all night so my quality of sleep suffered but my scale rewarded. Iโ€™m still really fighting the night time snack urges no matter how late I have my dinner, how heavy my dinner is and no matter what protein or fiber or healthy fat I add to my evening. Itโ€™s not hunger (most of the time), itโ€™s boredom and/or habit. Reading is not helping. TV is not helping. Iโ€™m just keeping all healthier snacks in the house and hoping I can keep from overeating them. This is tough. Luckily Iโ€™ve been doing this long enough to have no issues with my meals 99% of the time (as long as they are at home). Iโ€™m also still struggling with exercise. When Iโ€™m hot, Iโ€™m hot and when Iโ€™m not, Iโ€™m not. Right now Iโ€™m unmotivated and lazy about it. Perhaps Iโ€™ll start slow and work my way back up to some useful and meaningful movement every day. Glad to see my weight going back down in the right direction though. However, I can't help but notice as I look up this post at my entries (June 15) that I gained 4.2 in two days but have only lost 1.8 in three days. But who ever promised that life would always be fair?

06/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-