Low Fat Protein

Options
So, I'm not a big fan of protein. (It's the carbs I love! :wink: )

I've been keeping my food journal on here for a few days and it's obvious that I need to find some low fat protein sources. What's your favorite??

Replies

• midnightbirch
    midnightbirch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods yogurt the 0% fat or traditional are great.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Turkey and chicken :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Mmm carbs! :D

I like fat free greek yogurt, chicken breasts, low fat cheese
    and ohh! look at these :} http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/skinny-meatloaf-cupcakes-with-mashed.html#more
  • shoemakerdr
    shoemakerdr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Grilled skinless/boneless chicken breast. Boom.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    non fat Greek yogurt

non fat cottage cheese

water packed tuna

egg whites - I you like your eggs scrambled - just take out 1 or 2 yolks - that's where the fat is
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I've been fond of black beans lately...though there's a fair bit of carbs and fiber there too, if it matters.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    pork chops or chicken breasts
  • jenniferlynn12
    Options
    pure protein bars-- 180-200 cals, 4-6 g fat... but 20 g protein! To me it's easier than a shake and can be "on the go"
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You get more bang for your buck with grilled chicken - I eat it for breakfast and lunch until I get sick of it. I also absolutely love greek yogurt. I get the kind that is plain and mix in sugar free raspberry jam or nuts or both. Also - fat free refried beans; pinto beans, kidney beans, etc. A small Wendy's chili has 200 calories and lots of protein.
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I DO like Greek yogurt! I'll have to see if I can find an organic non-fat kind. (I'm picky that way! :laugh: )

And I just pulled a 20# turkey out of the deep freezer. We'll live off turkey "somethings" for a while.

I don't like beans though. Well, baked beans with salt pork and molasses - New England style! I don't think that'll help me much though. :wink:

Already discovered tuna.

Hadn't thought about protein bars, but that might be something worthwhile getting and putting in my bag for "hungries" on-the-road. (And we're on-the-road alot!)

Thanks for all the fab ideas! :love: