MARTMc
MARTMc Posts: 3 Member
edited June 19 in Food and Nutrition
Would like to know where to start & what to look out for as a Beginner. O.I. >Overload Information is not good for me at any stage. Step by Step - Day by Day is my way of learning.
Here is Hoping I will find the HELP ❤️

Answers

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,507 Member
    Start by getting used to logging ALL your food, including drinks (like milk in tea or coffee), fats you cook with. That is the real skill in weight loss, as accurate logging is a skill which takes many people time to learn. Buy an electronic food scale so that you can weigh everything - don’t go by guesses or “cups”.

Then, go into the settings and input your weight and rate of loss - hint, go slow. It might feel frustrating to lose half a pound to a pound per week but it will be much easier and more sustainable for you. You will be given a calorie estimate per day: it’s only an estimate as every body is different. Try that amount for 4-6 weeks and see how much weight you lose and you can adjust your calories accordingly.

You don’t need to eat a special diet., or detox, or restrict any foods. Eat what you enjoy but stick to your calorie limit and you will lose weight. For health, get your veggies and fruit in, eat enough protein and move - find some exercise you enjoy and try to do some every day. It can be walking, team sports, dancing, Wii sport.

In all honesty weighing your food, being accurate about logging and being honest about any little mouthfuls are the key - and it’s where most people fall down.

Good luck, and do post any questions you have.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 471 Member
    +1 on the above
    Maybe spend a week learning the app and logging in every bit of your present diet.
    DONT SKIP ANYTHING.
    You'll be surprised when you look at all of your collected data.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I agree with the above comments, logging everything is key, stay within your calories, exercise everyday even if it’s just a 10 min walk and increase your exercise as you go along, weight lifting is good so you don’t lose muscle with fat, get enough protein and find lower calorie substitutions for foods you currently eat ex I use extreme wraps instead of bread they r only 60 cals,I use laughing cow cheese 25 cals instead of cheese and or mayonnaise on my wraps, I use Tostitos avocado salsa on my wraps and burrito bowls instead of avocado or sour cream only 45 cals for 2 TBS but I usually only use 1 TBS, I eat fruit instead of snack crackers with my wrap……..
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,409 Member
    @claireychn074 , this.