What are the most effective low-calorie foods that can help with weight loss while keeping you feeli

Options
Can you please help me with this question?

Answers

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    edited June 21
    Options
    ...feeling full?

Fiber and lean protein combined with sufficient fat.

So, whole vegetables, fruit, nuts, legumes, whole grains, lowfat dairy, poulty, seafood.
  • AstralCrazy
    AstralCrazy Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 21
    Options
    One of my favorites is Oikos Pro Yogurt with frozen fruit and a protein granola.
    • 170g of Oikos pro yogurt (160cals, 25g protein)
    • 1 cup Triple berry blend frozen fruit (60cals, 4g fiber)
    • 1/4 cup Nature Valley's protein granola (100cals, 5g protein)
    So 320cals total with a bonus of 30g of protein and 4g of fiber. If you want it sweeter, Oiko's makes a vanilla flavor as well and I could easily eat that on it's own, barely taste the protein at all.
    This makes a great breakfast, and the protein content keeps me full for hours. I usually make it the night before so the berries aren't frozen by the time I eat it, but when I need a bigger snack or need more protein I'll eat it right when I make it.
  • BethStauffer1
    BethStauffer1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lately hardboiled eggs dosed in hot sauce have been doing it for me although I’m not sure why 😂 I also like a good protein drink & banana
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Raw carrots and cucumber with hummus (weighed on a food scale). Watermelon.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    I think it's going to vary somewhat individually. Experiment. Also, log your food, notice times when you feel more or less full, and note your eating patterns that may've contributed to that. (Other things can also have an effect of feeling full, such as exercise (type or intensity), sleep quality/quantity, timing of eating or timing of particular foods/nutrients, hydration, boredom, stress, fatigue, and more.)

For me to feel full most of the time, I need a solid breakfast with plenty of protein, protein through the day, and some high-volume low-cal food at some point (usually it's a huge serving of veggies at dinner).

Many people will find so-called whole foods more filling than refined or highly-processed foods, but even that can vary. It's also common to find calories in foods we drink less filling than calories in foods we need to chew or otherwise eat more slowly (like spooning soup).
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    For snacks, I like high fiber fruits like apples and grapefruit. They really fill me up.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    I find protein very satiating, so I go that route.

#1 for me is boneless, skinless chicken breast.

I can chunk it for stir fries on fresh vegetables, grill and chop the leftovers for filling wrap, eat it on salads. It’s inexpensive and very high protein.

#2 is cottage cheese. Likewise, inexpensive and filling and can be used 100 different ways: for breakfast with honey and muesli, for a snack with fruit, in a smoothie to add creaminess, even in baked goods, to add protein and moistness.
  • hyperbeth1
    hyperbeth1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Anything that has an intense taste (not sweet), but spicy (spicy chicken dip with carrots or celery) tricks my taste buds that I only need a little to feel satiated. No idea why.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    hyperbeth1 wrote: »
    Anything that has an intense taste (not sweet), but spicy (spicy chicken dip with carrots or celery) tricks my taste buds that I only need a little to feel satiated. No idea why.

The same thing works for me
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I eat Spicy Chicken Noodle soup frequently for lunch. Spicy food for the win for me too.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,564 Member
    Options

I eat Spicy Chicken Noodle soup frequently for lunch. Spicy food for the win for me too.

I've cooked a spicy sour fishsauce-y chicken soup with some rice noodles and a pile of varying veg over the past few days for dinner. It's very filling, plus the pile of fish sauce adds some protein as well.
  • nieuwland210
    nieuwland210 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Truthfully on 500 calorie deficit are never have had that stuffed feeling.
    I have been satisfied but not stuffed. It took a bit to figure the difference. Its hard to beat a head of romaine lettuce. It's super boring but if you find a low cal dressing and small serving of bacon bits ypu tend to be around 200 calories. It's not a meal replacement by any stretch but add 300 calories lean protein and you are on your way. Another favorite is Kirkland Greek yogurt 170g is 100 calories and 17 grams protein. I add a casein protein powder to it about half a scoop.and some frozen berries.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Eggs and vegetables.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My go-to is Broccoli and Cauliflower. But most veggies/salad will keep you full. I also have a couple go-to protein bars that are around 180-210 cal that really help in keeping me satisfied.
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My go-to is Broccoli and Cauliflower. But most veggies/salad will keep you full. I also have a couple go-to protein bars that are around 180-210 cal that really help in keeping me satisfied.

Do you mind sharing which bars you like? Would love some recommendations to take while traveling
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    I like Nugo. No artificial sweeteners, real chocolate, and very tasty. 10-14gr protein for 200 calories.
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 124 Member
    edited June 26
    Options

Do you mind sharing which bars you like? Would love some recommendations to take while traveling

I like Barebells, they aren't super sweet and are more of a snack bar than meal replacement and have 20g protein in most. I also love Rise bars since they are a 3 ingredient protein bar (Almonds, honey, protein 18g) that's simple and tastes great without the chocolate/fake chocolate flavors. Rise bars are also great for traveling as you don't have to worry about them melting if it gets too warm. They are probably better warm as they are quite dense.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    For meals, I like to dice a sweet potato (weigh on scale for grams), drizzle a little olive oil / salt / garlic powder / cinnamon and air fry it for about 12 minutes (or you can bake it).

Tonight I had 150 grams of zucchini, half a yellow bell pepper, half a cup of jar spaghetti sauce, and a protein for dinner. Very filling. I also had room in my logging to eat a breadstick from the frozen food section.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    my fave protein to stay sated is micellar casein mixed in non-fat milk or yogurt - or i heat it up in milk with some jello sugar free pudding mix. i use muscle feast chocolate, but there are many brands. i've read it takes longer to digest, so it can keep you fuller longer.
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    my fave protein to stay sated is micellar casein mixed in non-fat milk or yogurt - or i heat it up in milk with some jello sugar free pudding mix. i use muscle feast chocolate, but there are many brands. i've read it takes longer to digest, so it can keep you fuller longer.

I’ve never heard of that! I’ll have to check it out.

By the way I miss seeing you on the feed! 🙁