Does anyone have good breakfast ideas?

Options
thecat
thecat Posts: 47 Member
I know eggs are good protein sources for breakfast but are there any other ideas out there? I am trying to do a low carb eating plan with protein and veggies...fruits as my main foods

Best Answers

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 277 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    How about a frittata?
  • Traquette
    Traquette Posts: 80 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Any food can be breakfast food B)

But for more classic choices with protein I guess grec yogurt, peanut butter, nuts, cheeses, chia seeds... that's what comes to my head right now.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Cook more than you will eat for dinner and eat leftover dinner protein for breakfast.

Answers

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Steak, chicken, burger patties, pretty much anything.
  • thecat
    thecat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you All for responding and sharing some ideas . They are all good suggestions. I did opt for nonfat plain Greek yogurt with strawberries and blueberries with a little bit of grape nut cereal sprinkled on top with some cinnamon.
  • TracyCAZ
    TracyCAZ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like three strips of turkey bacon (easy in the air fryer) with large portions of cut up watermelon and strawberries on the side. My husband has a knack for picking out tasty watermelons so I eat well during the summer months.

If I want just one type of fruit, I might have 1-2 slices of toasted Aunt Millie's low-carb cinnamon swirl bread (40 cal. per slice) on the side. It's fine plain, but also tastes good with a little bit of whipped cream cheese.