Back on track at 40

Options
Hey all. I've been in a mental health slump for a few years and that caused me to fall off track and gain a bunch of weight back. I suffer from hypothyroidism and it's caused issues with my health. I'm going to be 40 in August, so I decided I better buckle down and take my life back. I feel like I'm starting from scratch. I started my journey again April 26th of this year. I am down almost 30lbs, but still have another 40 to go to reach my goal. This time, I have my husband on board, so it should hopefully be easier to hold myself accountable. I'm looking for other like-minded folks to help with recipe ideas for low carb (can't do full keto due to no gallbladder). I'm just trying to improve my health so I'm around longer for my kiddos. If you wanna be friends on here, feel free to send me a request ☺️

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,829 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • BronzeScorpio1111
    BronzeScorpio1111 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello 👋🏼 @ witchywonder427
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

Like you, I'm hypothyroid (severely so, but properly medicated). There's a good thread here from a former MFP-er who's a scientist in the field, himself hypothyroid, who lost weight by calorie counting:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10767046/hypothyroidism-and-weight-management

I like that that one's solidly science-based, since there's so much scammy manipulative stuff on the web about hypothyroidism from people trying to sell us their very special magical diet program, exercise routine, book, video, supplements or what-have-you.

I wish I could help you with low carb ideas, but I didn't do low carb to lose weight, or to maintain weight since. (I eat lots of carbs, but mostly fruits, veggies, dairy, and that sort of thing, not much added-sugar stuff.) Like you, I have no gallbladder. I'm also much older than you, now 68.

Wishing you great success here: It's achievable, and the quality of life improvement is worth the effort, in my experience!
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    U got this