Chips!

Options
Oh my goodness I want some chips so bad... specifically Nacho cheese doritos! Any good low cal chips out there I can go get so I dont buy the doritos? because I know myself and I am not going to limit my self to just 1oz. Like the commercials say they are called chips for a reason! I just dong want to go buy something Im not going to like! Ideas?

Replies

• sdwelk11
    Options
    why not the baked ones?
  • chefayers
    Options
    I normally wouldn't post a business related response but I am a full-time Pampered Chef consultant and we have the most amazing microwave chip maker! I love it! I have been making these cruncy delights for 2 months now! The best part is you do not use any fat at all!!!! They are a super delicious treat!
  • Chelsea_Marinos
    Chelsea_Marinos Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I didnt know they made baked ones!!! How exciting!
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My freinds makes kale chips and loves them - you can try googling those.
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Try popchips! Very low in calories and also come in a wide variety of flavors. Nacho cheese being one of them!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    check out the organic isle, they usually have things like veggie and flax tortilla chips or lentil chips (dill are my favorite)...I also like pita crisps with hummus, popchips, brown rice nachos, etc
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips are delicious!!!! Low cal, no preservatives!!

Also, Special K chips aren't too bad either!
  • lindy1608
    Options
    Pretzels are good for being less cals. Or weight watchers do quite nice spicy tortilla chips x
  • csupernova88
    csupernova88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    try making kale chips :)
  • Plare
    Options
    Tostitos are the best if your craving chips. But you do need to limit yourself. Slow down when your eating and you can really enjoy a small amount.
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Chips are my weakness and usually my cheaty treat. Glass of wine with a bag of Herr's hot chips is my bit of heaven.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    check out the organic isle, they usually have things like veggie and flax tortilla chips or lentil chips (dill are my favorite)...I also like pita crisps with hummus, popchips, brown rice nachos, etc

what are brown rice nachos???:love:
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    I can hear my stomach growling for a packet of Doritos
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    :bigsmile: Pirates Booty! I love this stuff! You can eat a lot of them, and they are low calorie. My favorite (so far) is the veggie. They also have chedder and others.
  • joyeaann
    joyeaann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    All of the suggestions are great - I love popchips!
    If the idea of a full substitution is not working out for you... only buy the small single serve pack. BUT really the other suggestions are going to be better for you.
    ps I am also a serious chip craver - it gets BAD sometimes. You can and will make a great choice!
    Just making a knowledgeable choice and understanding yourself are great strides. (even when you knowledgeably take the less than best route :wink: :laugh: )
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    http://www.riceworkssnacks.com/SeaSalt_USA.html

I live in Canada, they're sold in most grocery stores here, but I get mine at Superstore...the sweet chili are my favorite...they aren't necessarily better than doritos, but they have some health benefits lol
  • Chelsea_Marinos
    Chelsea_Marinos Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!!!!!!! SO many good delicious responces I cant wait to try some!!! Thanks for alllll your help you guys are amazing!
    -Chelsea
  • ReedsWife
    Options
    I just bought some Nacho Cheese flavored tortilla chips in the health food section at out local Kroger. They aren't Doritos but they aren't half had!