Greetings! Too healthy, and too hungry!

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get in shape for my wedding next year, so i thought i would like to lose a stone (about 14 pounds or 6.3kg to put me at a healthy BMI of 21.

The first thing i did was to track all the calories, and i've lost 1.5 kg over 8 days, but i think i'm leveling out.

Then i started reading the message boards. Gosh! It sounds like so many of you find it hard to finish your calories!

I find it hard to stop eating! I've got an amazing appetite, but i've always been healthy (workout 3 times a week) and always ate well. It just means that i gorge so much on healthy food, i've become quite large.

I guess it means that i have to reduce portion size and i hate it. I'm always over my alloted calories by 100-200cal each day.

I have no idea how to Not eat. How do you guys teach your bodies not to be hungry? This is very curious.

Dawn

Replies

• dhcwong
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get in shape for my wedding next year, so i thought i would like to lose a stone (about 14 pounds or 6.3kg to put me at a healthy BMI of 21.

The first thing i did was to track all the calories, and i've lost 1.5 kg over 8 days, but i think i'm leveling out.

Then i started reading the message boards. Gosh! It sounds like so many of you find it hard to finish your calories!

I find it hard to stop eating! I've got an amazing appetite, but i've always been healthy (workout 3 times a week) and always ate well. It just means that i gorge so much on healthy food, i've become quite large.

I guess it means that i have to reduce portion size and i hate it. I'm always over my alloted calories by 100-200cal each day.

I have no idea how to Not eat. How do you guys teach your bodies not to be hungry? This is very curious.

Dawn
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Eat something every 2 or 3 hours and drink lots of water. Im probably eating 2 to 3x the amount of calories as you but i do find that it is really hard most days to cram them all in and have resorted to a couple MRP (meal replacements) per day.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hi dawn
    I have the same problem as you, but i found that by eating 5 meals a day it helps. im never full but never hungry. ho and the other thing that helps me is to plan my meals in advance, in the morning i usualy fill out the day worth of food. it helps me know how i am doing for the day and how big my portion should be, when you eat 5 times a day, your dinner plate should be small, but eat again in the evening. Im not sure if its a good choice, but i normaly like a bol of cereal around 10 (i go to bed around 1, no sugar cereal but fiber and protein type like muesli) At least by planing your meals in advance, if your not sure what your having for dinner, you know it shouldnt be more then a certain amount of calories. Ho and btw, if you change your mind on your meal, it really doesnt matter, as long as the calories are the same.

Good luck !
    may
  • dhcwong
    Options
    yeah i eat 5 times a day as well. but you're right. i'm never full and never hungry.

and I love that full feeling! :sad:

i guess it's just all down to self control.
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i found that as time went by, my stomach seemed to shrink in size, so it takes less for me to feel full.
    While it took a while to feel like my stomach shrank, it only takes one big meal to make it feel really empty the next day. I have been trying to avoid eating too much on holidays by sticking to the simple rule, "I'm on a diet and cannot take seconds." Like that i get to taste everything, but have an excuse for people that insist that i take seconds.

Drinking a spicy tea, eating fruits or veggies, as snacks, are all low calorie tie me overs. I also go for a walk when i feel very hungry mid-afternoon and have a tea when i get home.

But it certainly took me a while to invent my strategies to cope with decreased portion sizes. I would like to say that it does get easier as time goes by.

good luck!
  • dhcwong
    Options
    thanks mate. life isn't easy, is it?
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!