There and Back Again

Options
After a crazy year (May 2010-August 2011), I decided that the 30 pounds I gained during that time (and the 50 I've gained in the last 4 years) is enough. It's time to lose weight.

I started at 272. In January of 2007, I was at 280, and dropped down to 225 by that May. A change in job, move across country, and a higher-stress environment caused me to turn back to food for comfort and security. So, I'm back where I started almost 5 years ago.

Anyway, here's to getting to 220 and staying there! 220 puts me at about 10% BF, which is a nice, healthy place to be, and it puts me at a good place metabolically as well. It's an easy weight/composition to maintain (at least until i get older.)

I think this is a great site and I look forward to reading and posting.

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I read your topic and clicked expecting something about the Hobbit. I'm a geek. I can't help it.

Sounds like you're off to a great start! I wish you luck and continued success. :)
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best on your weight loss journey. If you need support/encouragement - feel free to to add me as a friend! We're all in this together (thankfully!)
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    Good Luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This is the only "social" site I belong to and I love it! :)
  • chipmafia
    chipmafia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The Hobbit reference is right on. I have read that book once a year for the last 15-20 years. I know it quite well.
  • MrsMellyMel
    Options
    Good luck! I too am on this journey for the 4th or 5th time. I have been gaining weight steadliy since I was 21. When I entered the work-force, I was probably 130 lbs. Since that time, the weight has packed on....unhealthy fast-food, business meetings, sitting down all day, another child, etc. The bottom line is I now weigh 231 pounds. I am in my 40's and I need to get this weight off. I attempted this before but not with a true plan. Plan was flawed - no exercise, cutting back on what I ate, but still consuming extremely, unhealthy foods. This time, I have a TRUE plan and I have educated myself and I have introduced exercise into my plan. I am having a great time so far and this site is AWESOME! I am actually having fun! WE CAN DO THIS! ;)
  • Ayndelady
    Options
    Welcome! This site IS great. There are lots of folks ready and willing to give you encouragement and support. :D
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    The Hobbit reference is right on. I have read that book once a year for the last 15-20 years. I know it quite well.

Awesome. Always great to run into another Tolkien fan. :)