NSV. 5 years in the making!

Options
Five years ago, I did a little weight loss. I started going to the gym but did nothing to change my nasty eating habits. I did lose a little weight initially and, in my excitement, bought some new clothing. Eventually, I gained it back plus some and most of those clothes have long since been given away.

Except.... there was one pair of capris, Rough Hewn brand, that I bought off the rack without trying on which never did fit, even back then. Somehow, the fact that I had never worn them made me feel like I just couldn't give them away. Since I had never used them, I didn't feel like I could allow that money to be wasted. (Like sitting in my closet unworn wasn't wasting them somehow.) I have tried them on periodically, hoping that somehow I could wear them, never could, and still kept them in the closet for no apparent reason. Even as I have lost weight and gotten other pieces to fit, those darn capris have refused to go on.

Until today. They zipped and looked good and I was excited to be able to get my money's worth from them at last! The sad thing is, with the weather turning colder, they will soon go into storage and I am very much hoping that when I pull them out in the spring, they will be too big and I will have to give them away, anyway. Just glad I finally got to wear them after all this time.

Replies

• theresagal329
    Options
    Awesome job. I have a pair of jeans that I cant wait to fit into again!!
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Clothing is my motivation too...I have some clothes hanging on my closet door so I can look at them today. I am so glad you were able to get to your nsv! Congratulations!!!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, I have a pair of capri's that i try on periodically...I'm hoping to wear them to my wedding shower in 3 years lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!