Learning how to use this site to boost my health.

Options
I'm having some blood pressure challenges and a book I am reading suggested this website to track and total up the carbohydrate intake of foods and drinks I consume from a specific list. The book? "The Blood Pressure SOLUTION" 2nd Edition, by Dr. Marlene Merritt, DOM, MS Nutrition.
I'm looking forward to using the results to lower my Blood Pressure and NOT live out my remaining years on Blood Pressure Meds.

Replies

• lindabarskycipolla
    lindabarskycipolla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the first week of using this app… Should I be adding my weight manually or will it ask once a week to weigh myself? I tend to weigh myself every day
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,365 Member
    edited June 25
    Options
    Hi, I am in the first week of using this app… Should I be adding my weight manually or will it ask once a week to weigh myself? I tend to weigh myself every day

MFP won't ask you to update your weight, you need to do that yourself. Make sure to add new weigh-ins - don't update your starting weight in your goal settings.
    Weekly, daily,... whatever you prefer, it doesn't matter for the app.

(And every 10lbs lost, it's good to go through your goal set-up again to get an updated calorie goal: MFP won't update your calorie goal automatically to fit with your lower weight, you need to 'force' it by going through the goal settings again)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,365 Member
    Options
    I'm having some blood pressure challenges and a book I am reading suggested this website to track and total up the carbohydrate intake of foods and drinks I consume from a specific list. The book? "The Blood Pressure SOLUTION" 2nd Edition, by Dr. Marlene Merritt, DOM, MS Nutrition.
    I'm looking forward to using the results to lower my Blood Pressure and NOT live out my remaining years on Blood Pressure Meds.

Welcome!

I have to say I'm a bit surprised that tracking carbs is recommended to lower blood pressure (I would assume that's more relevant for blood sugar issues for example) but wishing you success in any case!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome David!
    I've been on MFP forever, was prescribed blood pressure medication early 2023. I have lost weight, started exercising more consistently--used to be now and then--and I am now weaning myself off the pills. Proof it can be done!
  • YoungatheartXOXO
    YoungatheartXOXO Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A good holistic and natural way to reduce blood pressure. Loosing some fat from anywhere in the system is usually beneficial. Nice to your Dr has recommended exercise rather than pills.