Question on calories.

Options
I was in a pinch for time so instead of fast food I ran into my local grocery store (Market Basket) and grabbed a turkey and cheese sandwich from their cafe. It had lettuce tomato and onion. I did not use the mayo or mustard packets. I basically finished the whole sandwich when I flipped the container over and saw 680 calories. I wanted to throw up. My question is… how in the world is that right? It’s just a damn sandwich. Help

Replies

• jessack21
    jessack21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Retroguy2000 I’m assuming it includes the packets but it wasn’t very clear. I’m super bummed I didn’t read that first. Ugh!
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited June 26
    Options
    Ehhh, it's just noise, and a learning experience re ordering out. It's not many more calories than a lower calorie lunch, and you got some good macros from it.
  • jessack21
    Options
    @Retroguy2000 Thank you! Lesson learned 😊
  • jessack21
    Options
    @AnnPT77 Thank you! I feel better knowing one sandwich isn’t a big deal. Lesson learned to read the label!!
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I cant see why it would include packets. Those are separate additions chosen by the customer.
  • jessack21
    Options
    @springlering62 oh my gosh!! That’s awful but glad to know it happens to everyone at some point!
  • halligirl503
    halligirl503 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When in doubt take off one piece of bread and half the cheese. No mayo and love on the mustard! The sticker shock is an eye opener, isn't it? Just take it as a learning lesson. Consistency is what matters in the long run!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,163 Member
    Options
    Join the crowd! Obviously you're not the first. Lol
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,568 Member
    Options
    Hey, this happens. You know what? Before you started losing weight you likely would not have looked at the calories at all. So well done for doing so! It's a good learning moment.

If the packets were included in the sandwich packaging then the calories of those are likely part of the total. Thus if you didn't have them then the total was likely lower.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I tried my own Subway sandwich diet a few years back. It worked because Id cut a footlong sandwich into 4 pieces. The size I ate was closer to the kids size.