When you eat too much

Options
jadu1536
jadu1536 Posts: 113 Member
Yesterday, I ate a little too much for dinner. This always makes me feel so quesy or yucky the next day - does this happen to anyone else? I'm definitely back on track today!

Replies

• TracyCAZ
    TracyCAZ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That just happened to me recently. I was visiting my son and his family and they took me out to eat. I am just not accustomed to eating casual dining restaurant food and the larger quantities anymore. I took my evening sleep supplements that night and they just laid there in my throat. I guess the heavy meal disrupted my digestive system because I was out of sorts and queasy for several days. Another family member ate the same thing that I did, so it was not a question of food poisoning.

At least the experience made me happy to get back home and resume my healthier eating habits! I will say that since I did most of the cooking (my choice, to help out my frazzled son and expectant DIL), we ate healthy foods for the most part.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,083 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    When I’m in a cut and accustomed to a deficit, I do feel more sensitive to indulgence than I would when I’m not in a cut for sure. It’s not mental / guilt. It’s feeling physically yucky.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Basically I eat until I'm comfortably full, then stop, and never feel queasy or yucky the next day. It's probably the types of foods your eating and your overall lifestyle that might effect how you feel, but that's just a guess.

Hope you figure it out soon because feeling hungry and yucky while being overweight and looking to lose some weight must make the whole endeavor of weight loss a real conundrum. I have found switching to mostly whole foods to help me feel pretty satiated, which has paid me back in spades. :)