Wegovy

Options
Kimma41
Kimma41 Posts: 48 Member
Very frustrated and angry with myself. For a good few months now I've been eating my way through Wegovy 2.4mg. Nothing keeps me full, and I eat and graze all day. I'm addicted to all the bad stuff, and I cannot get a handle on it. Is anyone out there like me? I want/need to get back on track but seriously I don't see how. All I think about is food and eating I'm not strong enough. Please reach out!!

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Kimma41 wrote: »
    Very frustrated and angry with myself. For a good few months now I've been eating my way through Wegovy 2.4mg. Nothing keeps me full, and I eat and graze all day. I'm addicted to all the bad stuff, and I cannot get a handle on it. Is anyone out there like me? I want/need to get back on track but seriously I don't see how. All I think about is food and eating I'm not strong enough. Please reach out!!

Maybe your doctor can up your dosage? Like many medications, unfortunately, wegovy becomes far less effective as your body "adjusts" to it. That's why they say it can help you lose 10% of your body weight.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,174 Member
    Options
    No reason to be angry.
    If the approach you're using isn't working, try a different approach.
    Instead of trying to eat less, failing, beating yourself up. Repeat.
    Try
    Eat more. Start meals with soup, salad, or veggies and tzaziki or hummus. End your meal with fresh in-season fruit. So many right now,like strawberries, melons, peaches, cherries.
    Allow yourself to eat what you like for the main. But it IS the season for cooking outside. Grilled meats and veggies, corn, sliced tomatoes, etc.
    Pat yourself on the back for eating more food with less overall calories!
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 380 Member
    edited June 30
    Options
    What you may be experiencing is leptin resistance. Leptin is the hormone that is released to tell the brain when you are "full." A lack of leptin or leptin resistance will have your mind thinking you are always hungry even when you have recently eaten.

Unfortunately, there is no way to test for this. I was experiencing this a few years ago when I would start to feel hungry again 90 minutes after eating a full meal, every single meal. It took some very careful planning of regular low-calorie snacks and meals over an extended period of time for my body to get out of that mode. When I knew I could eat again soon it took the pressure off from wondering if I was going to make it to my next meal without doing a hangry binge.

There was one thing I found in research that may be contributing to these feelings, an inflamed gut. When your gut is inflamed it's difficult to properly take in nutrients. I'm always more hungry at those times. It's like my intestines are still trying to "fill up." Pretty much any "bad" foods are inflammatory. Also, when your gut is stressed it can stress your body overall releasing more cortisol which can cause appetite increases.

Once I cut out inflammatory foods and incorporated snacks into my meal planning, the extreme hunger gradually went away. Now I only experience it when I eat foods that really bother my gut. It will take some time and commitment but you will see that the hunger gradually goes away.

The work that you will need to do is figure out meals and snacks that are not inflammatory, that you like to eat regularly, that also fit your calorie goals. I think this is always the hardest part for a lot of people. They feel they have to stick to foods they don't like in order to accomplish their goals which is self sabotaging.