Metformin Support Group

Options
13»

Replies

• bethaboo2409
    bethaboo2409 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’ve lost 100 pounds and am still taking my Metformin. I’m down to 2 1000 mg in the am. I’ve probably lost more than 100 pounds in that there a lot I don’t remember pre stroke. But I told everyone that I weighed 250, so that’s my starting point. I’d like to say that every thing is great, but it’s not. I started to buy some things at the grocery store, things that I had no business buying. So I’m rid of all that stuff and back to the ‘I have to think about what I eat’ phase. Sigh!
  • cyn_love
    cyn_love Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That’s great news @PeachHibiscus !!! I didn’t realize it would drop so drastically so quickly. I want to retest mine in October. That’ll be 3 months on my full dosage. Hoping to see it out of the prediabetic range.
  • PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    cyn_love wrote: »
    That’s great news @PeachHibiscus !!! I didn’t realize it would drop so drastically so quickly. I want to retest mine in October. That’ll be 3 months on my full dosage. Hoping to see it out of the prediabetic range.

Thank you @cyn_love! I'm hoping yours will be in the normal range when you do the retest.
  • Selena280
    Selena280 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If anyone here wants to be friends add me
  • kchamp12
    kchamp12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It’s really in your best interest to get the type 2 diabetes under control. Especially if you are young. My husband was diagnosed in 1999. He was really half hearted in his managing his diabetes in the early years. Now the oral meds don’t work as well and he has to do insulin injections along with metformen. And he has a host of diabetes related medical issues.