Not regarding weight loss- but need help

Options
Hey Guys!

As you know its winter and cold/flu season.

I'm having a terrible time going to sleep. I am so congested that I have bad pain in my forehead and under my eyes ( near the sinuses)

Any ideas to alleviate that pain? Would some sort of headache relief like bayer work, or not, because its not truly a "headache"

thanks!

Replies

• ashleyjea1985
    Options
    Hey Guys!

As you know its winter and cold/flu season.

I'm having a terrible time going to sleep. I am so congested that I have bad pain in my forehead and under my eyes ( near the sinuses)

Any ideas to alleviate that pain? Would some sort of headache relief like bayer work, or not, because its not truly a "headache"

thanks!
  • BritCom Fan
    Options
    I think that you would need something to take the sinus pressure off. Maybe Sudafed or Tylenol Sinus meds. Tylenol also has a pain reliever added for the headache and also meds for sinus pressure and nasal congestion. Also steaming your sinuses over a pot of steaming water with a towel tent over your head will loosen the nasal mucus by hydrating them. Drinking plenty of water will also help with the mucus hydration.

If the pain worsens--an UNBEARABE headache-- you might have a sinus infection which requires antibiotics and other prescribed meds.

Hope you feel better soon.:smile:

Linda
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I bought a room humidifior,and it has helped me tremendously.
  • scottishfruitbat
    Options
    Hi

I'm a Distributor of Aloe Vera products and I found the Bee Propolis tablets and the Garlic and Thyme are absolutely fantastic for these symptoms. They are totally natural and this means you don't have to pump your body full of chemicals with 'over the counter' remedies. There has to be 200,000 complaints about side effects before the Drug Companies will investigate. Please don't hesitate to reply if you would like more detailed information.

Thanks.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    if it lasts more then 3 or 4 days go see a doctor. Otherwise, I am a big fan of sudafed. I also use the nasal strips, keeps me just open enough to sleep without discomfort at night.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It's going to sound crazy, but put Vick Vapor rub on the bottom of your feet - the go to bed. I don't know why it works, but it's worked for me.
  • Panthera
    Options
    Advil cold and sinus does it for me. Also, try to go to sleep elevated from the abs up. This always helps me too!
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My doctor's cure all is Benedryl...seriously. She told me to take it during labor, as a sleep aid, to clear up colds, etc, etc...
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's going to sound crazy, but put Vick Vapor rub on the bottom of your feet - the go to bed. I don't know why it works, but it's worked for me.

So funny! I do this to my son when he has coughing fits. It Works!!!

Anyhow, I had these same symptoms back on New Year's Day. Went to Urgent Care and the doctor told me to take Sudafed 30 mg, Afrin nose spray and suck on cough drops... within 2 days, I was feeling 90% better...

I hope you get over this soon... it's a doozy! And everyone here seems to have it too!

Angela :flowerforyou:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options

:noway: :noway: hahaha

my tootsies would be so cold
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a sinus headache (you're not imagining it) and anything in your sinuses means your going to feel out of whack. The tube that drains from your ear to your throat (eustachian tube) may also be plugged up causing inner ear pressure & adding to the headaches. Linda is right on with the humidifing. Put a cool mist humidifier in your bedroom at night and leave it on so that you soften up the crud.

Decongestants; also guaifenesin is the ingredient in Mucinex that helps to loosen mucous. I would add some of that to your regimen as well. (you can get generic for half the price, just look on the labels!)

Feel better soon!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

that does work. I do that to my daughter and it does work.
    Also the nasal strips works wonders without having to use extra meds.