Put the weight on again. Started again this year.

salmarooni
salmarooni Posts: 36 Member
edited July 3 in Success Stories
j2c7hsnxda50.jpg
Started again in Janurary and half way through! Doing it all differently, joined a proper gym with an instructor to tell me what im meant to do, still allowing myself chocolate and crisps.

One thing I will say though is that I've only lost a stone between these two pictures which is hella demotivating...so I've thrown the scales away and am focusing on getting stronger, fitter, healthier and happier!

Replies

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 509 Member
    I definitely see a difference in your physique! You look great!

Nothing wrong with eating chocolate and crisps, but I'd portion them out, so you maintain a calorie deficit.
  • pnrbor
    pnrbor Posts: 62 Member
    You look good. I can definitely see the difference around your stomach. I would be jumping for joy if I had lost that much weight. Well done. Keep going.
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 4,215 Member
    Picture on the right shows amazing progress, don't beat yourself up, I'm sure u feel so much better!!
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 258 Member
    Those pictures show a big difference! You're hourglass figure is emerging nicely. Don't let the scale steal your joy. You're staying the course on a great path. Congratulations!
  • Takenby07
    Takenby07 Posts: 1 Member
    You look great! I just started my journey yesterday of trying to take of some the weight I have put on in the past couple of years. I also decided to join a gym with friends to help me stay on track and have someone else to work out with.
  • cinw1501
    cinw1501 Posts: 86 Member
    Wow! You look great! The scale doesn't tell the entire story. Keep going! I just joined a gym today. My boss and another coworker did too. Unfortunately, most of the time our schedules won't allow us to work out together, but hopefully we can motivate each other. I have no clue what I am doing so just rode the bike today. I will need to take a couple of classes to figure out which machines to use for what.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member
    Great progress. The scale is only one part of the better health equation. Losing inches and gaining muscle is also good for you. Keep it up.
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 180 Member
    Your body shape now looks amazing. You have the coveted hourglass shape now. Just googled it, but apparently 1 stone is about 14 lbs? That's actually a tremendous loss, especially because it looks like a significant portion of your fat loss came from your middle. You honestly look amazing. Maybe you don't even need to lose any more weight. Just keep doing what youre doing- focusing on strength training and reasonable nutrition- and give yourself a few more months. I bet you'll see more difference then that you will be proud of, and not demotivated.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 508 Member
    It takes the time it takes and you're doing great!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,112 Member
    Looking good! excellent progress!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,322 Member
    scale loss doesn't happen as fast when you're lifting weights and working out. The bottom line is you look fantastic and you're getting smaller. Do it your way.. no one is going to pick you up and weigh you when you enter room. But they will be thinking.. damn she looks good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!