Bu!! Work Out Please!!!

Options
Guys, need some serious exercises to start working out my butt, yes, I said it. But that's where all the weight is going. My Butt and my Thighs. It's annoying. Very annoying!

My restrictions:
1. Can't do deep knee bends
2. Can't do repetitive impact exercises (hopping, jumping)
3. Need to be careful about abdominal exercises due to a recent abdominal surgery

Suggestions please?

Replies

• darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Walking
  • MJHdG
    MJHdG Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am bouncing back from 8 months of knee problems and I understand it can be frustrating. Recover slow to recover properly is what everyone told me. Now that I am coming out of it, I am glad I did take it slow.
    One move that totally helped was hip raises.
    *Lay on your back, with your arms along the side of your body and palms flat to the ground.
    *Bend your knees so your heels are planted on the ground and a few inches away from your the tip of your fingers.
    *Place large towel rolled up or a small ball between your knees and hold it (to prevent alignment issues)
    *squish your tush and drive your hips up slowly until your can see a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Rinse and repeat till it burns…and it will.
    Good Luck!
    :happy: .
  • rawfitness
    rawfitness Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Lunges
  • horizonflight
    Options
    Hey, I am bouncing back from 8 months of knee problems and I understand it can be frustrating. Recover slow to recover properly is what everyone told me. Now that I am coming out of it, I am glad I did take it slow.
    One move that totally helped was hip raises.

Thanks for your input. I will definitely try that.
  • lanicota
    Options
    My sister has had numerous abdomen surgeries (15 total in her lifetime) She believes that Pilates and Yoga had helped her..remember you need to build strength back in your core. Pilates and Yoga helps you strengthen and stretch your muscles and if you take classes you can ask your teacher to modify the moves. Pilates also tones your legs and booty up.
  • horizonflight
    Options
    Lunges

Can't do "deep knee bends". I have permanent knee problems.
  • horizonflight
    Options
    My sister has had numerous abdomen surgeries (15 total in her lifetime) She believes that Pilates and Yoga had helped her..remember you need to build strength back in your core. Pilates and Yoga helps you strengthen and stretch your muscles and if you take classes you can ask your teacher to modify the moves. Pilates also tones your legs and booty up.

Thanks, I appreciate the post. I've definitely been thinking about the whole abdominal situation. I have yet to speak with the doctor due to some restrictions and my leaving the states and stuff so I haven't been able to find out exactly what exercises are permittable in my current condition. I've tried doing some situps and it felt like my abdominal walls were going to rip to pieces. I had this surgery done on 01 June. I know that it will take several months to recover from this but I definitely need to get back into physical activities.
  • MJHdG
    MJHdG Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey I just remembered another one. It works your back too in such a way that it helps support your core even if your abs are out for now.

The set up:
    Find a bench or surface that is knee high.
    Put your hands on it shoulder width apart.
    Step back hinging at the waist until your back is like a table top (we are going for mimicking being in all fours without putting pressure on your knee)
    Feet shoulder width apart.

The exercise:
    Now that you are set and your back is flat (Very important to avoid injury)
    Slowly lift right arm straight out and left leg straight out. (They should form a straight line from toes to fingers and this is harder than it sounds)
    Drop back down and repeat with opposite arm and leg.
    Once again rinse and repeat till it burns!

Once you get good you can add a 2lb dumbbell to the hand and get sexy shoulders. Just start without weight until you know how your abs are feeling the next day.

Also I though I would share with you that once I started exercising I under estimated the importance of stretching and had massive issues, so there is my two cents in the hopes to spare you more trouble,

Safe recovery !!!!!!!!