Final pictures after 10 month on MFP

Options
I posted before and after pictures a few months ago, but I have now completed my journey. I switched to maintenance calories today! I started at the end of November 2010 at over 185 pounds, size 12-14 clothes, resting heart rate of over 72bpm, well over 30% body fat and an obese BMI. 10 months later, I have lost 56 pounds (129), am in size 2-4 clothes, have a body fat % of 18, my VO2Max is under 50 (definitely in the athlete category), and I have more muscle definition than I have had in my life. It feels great!
Oh, and for those of you who want to know, I am about 5'5.5"

Before:
100_6280.jpg
IMG_3905.jpg

Now!
DSC_0371.jpg

My "guns"
DSC_0489.jpg

Love my calves in this one:
DSC_0514.jpg

Dress I wore 7 years ago for my engagement pictures. :-)
DSC_0389.jpg

Yay for skinniness and cute clothes!
DSC_0352.jpg

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me along the way!!
My goals now are to maintain my weight and add some more muscle. :-)
Good luck to all of you still on your journey! You CAN do it! Stay strong, don't stress and work out hard!

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Great pictures, a few repeat so I can't see your guns or calves but you still look great.
  • aksingingbreeze
    aksingingbreeze Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I fixed them. :-)
  • suja1983
    suja1983 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Well done x
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. You look great.
    Very similar goals here.

What amount of exercise were you doing? Calories, etc?
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible! Well done you! I'd be interested to know how the maintainence works out for you, as I'm soon going to switch too. I really hope this app can help me maintain my goal weight as maintaining has always been my problem. Best of luck and well done again xx
  • aksingingbreeze
    aksingingbreeze Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ASPhantom,
    When I was really losing weight, my calories were set at 1200. I was good about sticking to that. I did eat back my exercise calories and I exercised hard (45-60 minutes) 5-6 days a week. I used a lot of workout videos that I borrowed from the library and lots of On Demand videos from exercise TV. I didn't deprive myself of any foods I loved, just ate them less and ate in moderation. I also allowed myself a "free" day once every week or two where I could eat anything basically and not worry about being over. I did try to keep under my weekly allowance though. So, if I went over, I would be under the rest of the week.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Good luck everyone!
  • LamsieDee
    Options
    you look awesome! thanks for posting your pics, it's so motivating to see others nearly the same size and how they look when they're done
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You are totally gorgeous! The look in your eyes says it all! And yes, the new skinny pretty clothes is what it is all about! Congratulations to you!!!!!
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Congrats that is great work ...you look fabulous!!! It's cool to see that your starting weight is where I am now so if I keep going maybe I get even to lower numbers. THanks for sharing and keep up the great work!
  • leanne2376
    Options
    amazing work - you must be so happy - well done
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • busymnmom
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Thank you so much for posting your pics!!! You look so happy and fit!!!!!! :happy:
  • olacoco7
    olacoco7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and great pics!!
  • QueenCat25
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • CVALGAL
    CVALGAL Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I think I have that same purple shirt you're wearing in the before picture. Lol. I hope I can do as well as you have done in the next 10 months. Thanks for sharing!
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look amazing!!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, you did awesome!
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!

Absolutely! I'm so inspired.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Congrats!! You look fabulous!!!! You should be very proud of yourself!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!