New to Site

Options
Hello I'm so excited to start! I am 32 and started a diet back in April and did really good lost over 30lbs and surprising it was easy to do it unlike all the other times and the best part quit smoking @ the same time. During this experience my mother passed away in late May I took it hard and lost track of it, gaining all the weight back plus 5 and back to smoking. My goal is too get back to the running that i was doing before i felt so much better while doing that and relieved alot of stress. Any suggestions or tips i would be greatful. Thanks for reading!! :smile:

Replies

• tjs22
    tjs22 Posts: 21
    Options
    HI! Welcome :) I am new here to so feel free to add. I have already gotten way more support than I thought I would! If you did it once you can do it again! I know you can. Feel free to add me as a friend ;) ps I quit smoking too :) it'll be a year oct 29
  • jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    welcome to my fitness pal. Signing up here was a your first great step! Using the blogs and message boards is a great way to keep yourself accountable.
    Ugh, I know how hard the smoking thing is. You did it once so you at least KNOW you can do it. Does your state have a quit smoking hotline? Maine has Maine tobacco hotline which is very helpful.
    JOANN
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Welcome, fun site.
  • ginjanija
    ginjanija Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have no clue for the hotline i know when the walking and running start that will be the easiest thing to do because its the most frustrating thing to not be able to walk a block without stopping to catch my breath. We shall see!!