Officially 25lbs gone

scully_pal
scully_pal Posts: 1 Member
25 lbs gone today, it’s been a rollercoaster. There are changes to my face, and I can fit in my clothes I bought years ago. I was getting extremely discouraged, I knew I was eating unhealthy and my relationship was suffering. Not because my husband was turned off by my weight, but because of how differently I felt because of my weight gain. I felt so yucky I didn’t want to be touched. Now I feel like I did when we first met. It’s hard to explain why something so shallow can affect a solid relationship. I’m sure some of you can relate. Today I’m enjoying the gifts that come along with bettering my mental health, plugging along with life, not feeling trapped by something as ridiculous as extra pounds on my body.
Man is it hard to start and keep going in those first few months. I pretty much eat what my family does, (2 large males) but I’ll have just a small amount and fill the rest of my plate with salad. It’s been working, and I don’t have to make 2 separate meals. I’m shocked by how well this works. Yes, I even have a sliver of pizza and a plate of salad and it’s still working for me. This is sustainable and not a lot of extra work. Thanks for reading, I hope you found some inspiration here and you can do it :)

Replies

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,441 Member
    that's great! sounds like you've found an approach that is doable and enjoyable! So tickled for you!
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 490 Member
    Great job! 25 pounds is quite an achievement!
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 254 Member
    Great work!
    And tip about the salad and pizza 👍
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    Congrats. I can relate, when I am heavier I just don’t feel good about myself. It’s hard to feel sexy when I feel so gross. Good for you for figuring out what works. I have never made separate meals either, sometimes I don’t eat the side, or just have a spoonful then fill my plate mostly with veggies or watermelon or fresh pineapple.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!