Excercise and nausea

Options
Hi Folks,
Can anyone give me any advice as to what will stop the feeling of nausea when pushing myself during exercise.
I don`t eat anything heavy for a couple of hours before I go, just don't know what else to try and i hate the feeling...

Help !!!
Tracey x

Replies

• sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Don't drink lots of water.

I actually got sick for every work out for the first month that I joined boot camp. Turns out my sips were even too big. I learned to just "wet my whistle"
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    as above, fluids.

you could try a pre-workout carb/protein shake. aim for around 30g carb, 30g protein 30-45 mins prior to working out
  • catclws
    Options
    I have 6oz fage plain greek yogurt with honey and gatorade prime 15 to 30 minutes before exercising. This helps keep my strength up during my exercising routine and from getting light headed.
  • orchid100
    orchid100 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    it`s boot camp I`m now doing ... blamed the heat first time I felt nausious but did drink a lot of water so may have to change that .... Thank you :) x
  • asteingiesser
    Options
    those are all great tips!! also, you may want to get a check up, you may have a UTI. Nausea isn't that common, but possible. I had one that I had vertigo every time my heart rate increased. Antibiotics helped a LOT!!
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I always eat something small within about an hour before the gym. I forgot once and that's the only time I have gotten nauseated.