Oh boy..nicer weather is not working into my routine

Options
Hi

Since the time change the kids are going to bed and waking a little later and want to spend as much time as possible playing outside...which is great but not working well with fitting in my work-outs
I really really don't want to have to get up earlier than I already do, to squeeze in a work-out
YEEKS!

Anyone else foresee this problem?
Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Since the time change the kids are going to bed and waking a little later and want to spend as much time as possible playing outside...which is great but not working well with fitting in my work-outs
    I really really don't want to have to get up earlier than I already do, to squeeze in a work-out
    YEEKS!

Anyone else foresee this problem?
    Kim
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    Run around outside with them!
    That will give you plenty of a work out.
    I wish i had kids or a puppy to drag me outside to play tag or something for hours:bigsmile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi

I really really don't want to have to get up earlier than I do to squeeze it in
    YEEKS!

Anyone else foresee this problems?
    Kim
    Why not walk outside with the kids...walking is a great workout also hop on the swings and slide with them..or maybe join a YMCA and go for a swim. Make the most of every activity ..even if its simple stuff like frisbee,kickball,flying a kite etc etc
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Do you have a park nearby? You and the kids could walk there and play. My neighbor and I walk our dogs and when her daughter comes along we walk to the park so she can play and walk back. :happy:
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Walking is great, went for one last night - the kids hopped on their bikes and I grabbed the dog and we were gone for like an hour and a half!! You tend to walk quickly when the kids are flying ahead of you on their bikes! haha
  • ggooding12
    Options
    I have been waiting for the lighter longer days and nicer. My dog is screaming to go for a run.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
    When the kids are at the park or outside (can't walk to a park)
    I'm always standing and watching over them..BUT I feel guilty if I don't get in a more 'serious' work-out...sweat session...LOL
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I was and still am a morning person. So I always kept my kids on a schedule. They were in bed by 8 even in the summer. I liked having some adult time at night before I went to bed. They were up early enough to have plenty of playtime during the day.
    Most of my friends at the time liked to sleep in so they let their kids stay up later. By the time they were up and thinking about getting their day going I already had a lot of stuff done.