Looking for 400 and under lunch and dinner ideas

Options
I want some dinner and lunch ideas under 400-500 cals.

I want them to include
Chicken. no fish, no breads or pastas, no strange of diff. veggies like squash and such lol Im a normal veggie chick lol

Any help can help!!

Replies

• Julieelliott12
    Julieelliott12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    my usual is chicken, brown rice or sweet potato, and a cup or 2 of whatever mixed veges walmart has. the sell 5lb bags of mixed vege, stir fry vege, or different kinds.. add some different spice, maybe tomato sauce, and you have a good meal.
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Might I suggest you go to the Recipe section of this website??
  • cschnepf
    Options
    Wait, squash is a weird vegetable? lol ;P

I like to slice squash long ways and bake it with onions, salt, pepper, and a little olive oil. I usually serve it with rice. Maybe give it a shot? You might like it.

Otherwise, check out:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipes/healthy-recipes/low-calorie/main.aspx
    You can sort by calories.

Most of the recipes on All Recipes list basic nutritional info.

Good Luck. :)
  • Leandraturner
    Options
    like i said didnt know they had one I thought this WAS the recipes section of the site .............

and nooooo lol hahah i guess for MOST people its not just not my style of veggie i just dont like the taste of THAT KIND of veggie I have had it cooked every way from sunday my MIL is a cook lol

thank you sooooo much for the link!!!
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I recommend this blog.

http://400caloriesorless.com/
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I would say Sweet or Regular Baked potato with Light ot Fat Free Sour Cream or Cottage Cheese; 4 oz. Baked or broiled chciken breast and any veggie you like!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I know you said no bread, but if your don't mind a tortilla I got yummy burrito recipe:

Ingerients:
    Foster Farms - 99% Fat Free Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets4 oz (112g, 120 cals)
    Mission Tortillas Plus - Flour Large Tortilla Shell 96% Fat Free, 1 tortilla (180 cals)
    1/2'' medium tomato (cut into cubes, 11 cals)
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 1/2 cup (cubes,8 cals)
    Knudsen - Sour Cream - Fat Free, 3 tbsp (45 cals)
    Kroger All Natural Cheese - Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella Finely Shredded, 1/4 cup (80 cals)
    Total Cals: 448
    Total Fat: 9g
    Total Carbs: 51
    Total Protein: 36
    Total Fiber: 7

I couldn't find a tortilla with lower cals but I am sure other stores do or you can get whole wheat grain tortillas with higer fiber, better nutrients. I cut chicken into little pieces, heat up oven at 350-400 degrees, and bake it at 400-425, I check up on it till it looks golden on edges, than flip and weight for the other side to get nice gold edges and than it's done. Heat up the pan at medium heat and than place tortilla in it and sprinkle cheese in the centerish (my tortillas don't fit completely in the pan so I just push it down till center is flad and I can pour cheese so it melts) and wait till it melts. Than put it on a dish and than put all the rest of the stuff in (omatoes and cucumber (sliced/cubed and mixed together), add the chicken and sour cream than fold your tortilla like burrito ( I just fold two sides into the center and than fold the bottom) and enjoy!
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    I recommend this blog.

http://400caloriesorless.com/

Thanks! Never heard of this site, but glad you suggested it! Can't wait to try this stuff and I HATE to cook! LOL!
  • bethgarzonie
    Options
    I know you said no bread, but if your don't mind a tortilla I got yummy burrito recipe:

Ingerients:
    Foster Farms - 99% Fat Free Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets4 oz (112g, 120 cals)
    Mission Tortillas Plus - Flour Large Tortilla Shell 96% Fat Free, 1 tortilla (180 cals)
    1/2'' medium tomato (cut into cubes, 11 cals)
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 1/2 cup (cubes,8 cals)
    Knudsen - Sour Cream - Fat Free, 3 tbsp (45 cals)
    Kroger All Natural Cheese - Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella Finely Shredded, 1/4 cup (80 cals)
    Total Cals: 448
    Total Fat: 9g
    Total Carbs: 51
    Total Protein: 36
    Total Fiber: 7

I couldn't find a tortilla with lower cals but I am sure other stores do or you can get whole wheat grain tortillas with higer fiber, better nutrients. I cut chicken into little pieces, heat up oven at 350-400 degrees, and bake it at 400-425, I check up on it till it looks golden on edges, than flip and weight for the other side to get nice gold edges and than it's done. Heat up the pan at medium heat and than place tortilla in it and sprinkle cheese in the centerish (my tortillas don't fit completely in the pan so I just push it down till center is flad and I can pour cheese so it melts) and wait till it melts. Than put it on a dish and than put all the rest of the stuff in (omatoes and cucumber (sliced/cubed and mixed together), add the chicken and sour cream than fold your tortilla like burrito ( I just fold two sides into the center and than fold the bottom) and enjoy!
  • bethgarzonie
    Options
    I use La Tortilla Factory tortillas. 50 cal. low fat and carb. Deli sliced turkey or chicken 2oz. havarti cheese with peppers. even 2 slices pepperoni. Then I add onions, red bell pepper,sliced peppers (in jar), pickles, black olives, and baby spring mix. 309 cal.