WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,847 Member
    Trying to catch up on the reading of posts. I am on page 20. Happy birthday to Kirby! And Pip lets us celebrate by posting pics of him! That porch pic! *swoon*! <3:*:p xoxoxo KJ
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,669 Member
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Lisa ... your "snake" encounter had me laughing!

Rebecca ... I take a can of v-8 into my mom's facility every day. She absolutely loves it!

Annie ... I usually visit my mom about 30 minutes after her lunch ... she never can remember what she just ate ...

Carol ... I will be praying for you as you prepare for surgery. Make certain your husband, or whomever is going with you on the day of surgery, hears all of the instructions and details too.

Tracey ... good luck with the interview. You will do amazing. I've been thinking about your recent education and the truth is that all you learned can be applied to any work situation ... most of us never grow up you know ...

Barbara ... hope you don't have to lose anymore trees ...

Beth near Buffalo
    Nice!💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,416 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Recently I’ve been getting a lot of men friend requests. I sent each of them this message, have you?

Hello,

Recently I have been getting an awful lot of friend requests from men and I am curious as to why. No rude or inappropriate comments or questions (yet). A couple of them asking if I was married or if I was happy which is weird. Can you enlighten me?

Thx

They are bots. Just delete them.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,416 Member
    defiant63 wrote: »
    My goal each month is to weigh less than I did at the beginning. Did ok for June but not doing so well for July. How can I gain 6 pounds in 2 days??? Gonna keep persisting Have an appointment for a hip replacement Oct 1 and I need to lose some weight before then

Water retention.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,453 Member
    KJ – you and your hubby walking sounds like Vince and me walking. I enjoy walking because it’s my “me” time. I like to look at the sights and smell the roses….

You know, another thing...when my mother passed I remember we were in a very hot spell. As a matter of fact, that was when my father first experienced a/c in a car (in the limo that took us to the gravesite) and vowed that the next car he got would have a/c. And it’s been HOT here, in the upper 90’s earlier today. I have to take a shower after getting out of the pool just to cool off.

Spent time with the kitties while playing mahjongg. Won one hand.

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,898 Member
    Michele - I’m sorry for the loss of your friend.
    Tracey
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,565 Member
    Today’s gratitude: was able to walk up from the cistern to the chair before I had to stop to catch my breath. Aim is to make it up to the drive and eventually to the house without stopping.

Flea me2. :cry:
    Lanette so relieved no permanent food damage. Brava for return to morning walk!
    Heather Oh that Bea! :love:
    Pip likewise have received several friend requests from guys. Just deleted ‘em. ;}
    @defiant63 Karen in BC, when I over indulge in sodium-rich food my weight skyrockets overnight. Have you been given any pre-hip op exercises to do? Hope your experience is as positive as Heather’s has been.
    Tracey wonderful job brightening up that gorgeous hope chest.
    Michele ((gentle hugs held extra extra long ))
    Lisa yesterday at dog group one gal was giving her Cavalier King Charles spaniel a special treat-cabbage leaves! Thought of you and greenstuff :noway:
    Rebecca, “be careful what you wish for” .. :laugh:
    Kelly, what you said about the ladies on this thread and Barbie’s sage counsel.
    Time to snooze.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,740 Member
    Rebecca - WOW, that's a big change in your life with no warning at all! But what a great way to build some new memories with Athena, ones she'll remember her whole life! When Corey and I moved to North Carolina to be there for our daughter and take care of our grands while our son-in-law was in Syria for six months, I know it gave Kels the absolute joy of knowing her kids were safe all the time, whether she was at work or in the field herself. There's always a smidgen of doubt with a stranger. How does your DH feel about all this?

KJ - Good to see you, sorry you're still fighting your cold. Two weeks is about three weeks too long to have a cold, as far as I'm concerned. I don't walk or exercise with Corey at all - His six-foot frame compared to mine, at 5'2", walks, runs, and even works out completely differently than I do. We tried the first couple years we were married, and one by one, they fell by the wayside. We're compatible in many other ways, but not that one. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♂️I'm OK with that.

Barbara AHMOD - So glad to see you getting things sorted back to normal waterwise and otherwise.

Heather - Hope you enjoyed your visit with your yummy surgeon today. I'm sure they're very pleased with your healing from the first surgery.

Corey's finished getting himself sorted out for his Monday morning, and I've already got the clean dishes put away, got the first of a number of loads of laundry started, and so on. Next I need to get my meds sorted out for the week. Now that he's out the door, I'll be able to turn the music on the TV on and get some vacuuming, etc., done without him in the house. Want to get some significant work done on the quilt this morning.

Hope it's a good day and a good week for everyone. I have an entire 11 days stretching out in front of me with nothing medical scheduled. So far, anyway.

Love from the heartland,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,946 Member
    Morning ladies
    Finally feeling a bit better.. Im off to the dietian at 9 am and then back home ,will get some laundry done. Get some gas.. maybe put a grocery 1v9y9nsvnil5.jpg
    order in.
    Yesterday's Miles playtime
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,484 Member
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,645 Member
    Pennsylvania
    yes, Lanette. That's it exactly. This morning they are saying that secret service didn't sweep that building and that spectators saw the guy creeping along the roof a minute before he started shooting. I know they have their protocols, and I've had a friend in the presidential secret service before -- under Clinton, and a son of a college friend of mine serves with Biden, so I have mad respects, but holy cow. I hate to think what could have happened.

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Michelle.

Allie, I'm worried about you. When can you start dialysis? You might feel better.

Rebecca, sorry about the situation with the grands, but thankful you are there to stand in the gap and have extra wonderful time with them.

We went to the coast yesterday to escape the heat. Here's hubby at the bottom of Cape Kiwanda. We didn't climb up the dunes, not his thing, and there were sink holes opening up this past year, so I was nervous. But that didn't deter everyone. Surfers out in force, in full wetsuits, of course. It is Oregon. My so cal husband can't wrap his head around bundling up to go to the beach in July, but that's what I grew up with.

kkp9qbpk25kc.jpg
    q2270wingtqp.jpg
    xyx7o5m88l2n.jpg

Flea
    Trying to stay cool in the Willamette Valley
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,484 Member
    Flea ~ What beautiful photos of your venture!

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,946 Member
    Flea- I honestly will hold off on that until I absolutely need it..
    Love the pictures.
    Went to see my dietian
    Really like her so very much... she said I need to eat more or my meds won't work right.. so I will do what I can.. but she was very impressed with the 18 lb weight loss.
    I see her in 3 months ,the week before the cruise
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,140 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    All caught up on this warm and sunny Sunday evening! I am on day 13 of this crappy summer cold. I have been working through it. I did have a long holiday weekend over the 4th (4-7th) and I rested the entire weekend. AND I have rested the majority of this weekend. DH and DYS have it, too. Anyway...it is what it is. I am still eating pretty well. I have days where I am not hungry at all, then days when I eat everything; so I guess it evens out. I haven't gained. In fact I have lost a pound or two. So...that's a plus. Must be the lack of wine. lol
    Rori- your trips taken and planned sound like so much fun! Enjoy it all! Hmmm...I think I would probably take Sandra Bullock to play me. She can do goofy/stupid and scary/intelligent. I can be both.
    Carol, Michelle, Heather, Barbara, Barbie and all others in pain: Hang in there! Sending best thoughts for relief and speedy recovery.
    Allie- Love the pics of Miles! Such a cutie!
    Tracey- I adore your ceramic snowman! And the chest is gorgeous!
    Lisa- I love that quilt! Your gift recipients are so lucky to reap the benefits of your talent!
    Heather- The kids look great! Bea the Brave!
    I never had that kind of courage as a kid!
    Machka- Congrats on the move! Also: I am like you, where I have had more male friends, than female friends in my life. I currently don't have a friend that I talk to/vent to regularly. I think most of my venting would be about my life/my husband. My sister in laws would feel compelled to tell their husbands (by husband's brothers), who would then feel compelled to get involved. Nope. My sister and a couple of my friends would just advise me to leave my husband to find a better life. Nope.
    You ladies are my sounding board, and I actually got the best advice; without her realizing she was giving it, from our Barbie; many, many years ago. She said (and I am paraphrasing) that "you can't change him; you can only change the way YOU think about things or react to things." Simple. But when applied to my life, it turned everything around for me.
    Welcome to all of the new ladies! I am enjoying reading about your lives and how you work through/work around
    things.
    DH and I have been taking walks together a couple of times a week. It is nice. I am not sure if we will do more walks than that together, because we walk in different ways. He walks and wants to talk and I walk and want to look around and listen to trees, birds, and breathe in fresh air. We are also taking walks separately. lol
    Anyway, I think that is all that is new for me. In the dog days of summer, here in Michigan. Not as hot as some of you; but high 80s and low 90s for early July is plenty hot enough for me. I am ready for fall/winter and snow! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

I have been using Barbie’s advice toward my DH as well. I found it in ALANON publications too. It was hard at first but now that I’m used to it, getting easier by the day. I believe now that no matter how hard you try, you can only change yourself, no one else. Gives me peace and acceptance.

RVRita in Roswell

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,140 Member
    PS… The ‘green” stuff is what DH calls “Aleek”. Basically pesto made with parsley instead of basil. And forgot to mention there was leftover hamburger in the tomato sauce.
    RVRita 🛸