Baby names, already born and future kids!

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
I don't have kids, but my SO and I have decided that we want two kids. If we have a boy and a girl, he names the boy, I name the girl. If we have two boys, he'll name the first, I'll name the second, and vice versa if we have two girls. I really like the name Madeline Jane or Madison Jane. Nick wants to name our son Johnathon Moses...don't ask about that one, haha. What are your kids names? Or what do you plan on naming your future kids?

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    1st kid - Daina Michelle (Daina is Lithuanian, my husband's heritage. Michelle is my middle name too, after my dad Michael).

2nd kid - girl, undecided. Boy, decided on our third or fourth DATE. LOL. His family has a tradition of the first born son's first name starting with "S" and all boys having the middle name of Paul. I had decided as a young child that a son of mine would be Matthew James (my brother, Matt, died when I was 7. My grandpa Jim was the shiz). We compromised with... Matthew Paul.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    For a girl, either Shiloh Jean or Tuesday Jean.

For a boy, Indie is the only name I have at the moment. Haven't really found that many boy names that I like.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    We decided before we had kids that I would name the boys and he would name the girls. We each had the right to veto names. We went with names that are standard but not too common. We have an unusualy last name so I wanted first names that were easy to spell since we have to spell out our last names. We ended up having two boys, Kyle and Sean.
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Mine are Jayden Scott, Bryce Andrew, and Maddyson Ann. All have a "y" and because I'm just that weird, they each have sixteen letters in their full names. The first two were coincidence, but when I realized it, my girl had to follow suit!
  • jessica_mom343
    jessica_mom343 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    We give our kids 1st names we just like & middle family names.

Brittani Leigh (grandmother & grandfather's middle names)
    Caleb Ray (grandfather x2, father & uncle x2 middle names)
    Cameron David (my fathers name who died when I was 5)
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Kiera Lynn
    William Robert
    Brayden Jack

My name is Jaclyn so my daughter and my second son got it split up and my husband's name is Robert so our first son got his name. William is also named after my father and one of his uncles :smile:
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For boys I like Jayden Kristopher, Elijah, and Zane.

I don't really have any girl names.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    My boys all have middle names for someone in the family. My daughter is adopted and Ani was her given name at birth so we kept that, then gave her Sophia as a middle name bc we like it :)

boy: Bennet Michael
    boy: Grant Alexander
    boy: Hans Kuno
    girl: Ani Sophia
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    1st son - Cale Edward, Cale after Cale Yarborough the Nascar driver, and Edward my father's name
    2nd son - Mavwell Scott, Max from the movie Mad Max, and Scott my MIL's maiden name
    3rd son - Zachary Patrick, Zach because we couldn't decide between Luke and Brad, Patrick after my mother Patricia and granfather Pasquale
    1st daughter - Wynn Ellis, Wynn after Princess Eowyn from LOTR, my 4 year old son started to call my big belly Baby Wynn and it stuck, and Ellis is my father's middle name
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My daughter is Madeleine and my son is Gabriel. We're done, but if we were to have another, a girl would be Phoebe and a boy would be Byron.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Mine are already born but....

Anna Kathryn - first name is after the Beatles song Anna go to him. All middle names are family names
    Jasper Alexander - named after the artist Jasper Johns
    Stella Elizabeth - um.... Stella beer. haha
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Chloe Marie for a girl
    Phoenix for a boy (pretty crazy name but my bf convinced me it's the most awesome name ever) lol
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Chloe Marie for a girl
    Phoenix for a boy (pretty crazy name but my bf convinced me it's the most awesome name ever) lol

I've heard of several boys named Phoenix.

I have Joshua John. Joshua because we liked it, John after my late father-in-law.
    Then came Marisa Katelin. Both just because we liked them.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Son, Kingston Alexander
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My 4 month old boy is Andrew Antonio......
    (DH's name is Andry) ( My deceased dad was Antonio)
    If we have another boy his name will be Nathan and a girl will be Jazmine Sophia, just 'cause we like those names
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Only 1 kid so far. Evan Carl.

If we have another boy he will be Tobey Edgar (After family)
    If we have a girl the next time she will be either Hazel Marie or Ava Marie
  • Joj43
    Joj43 Posts: 54
    Options
    My boys' names are Reid Hamilton (Hamilton being my husband's middle name) and Deakin Thompson (Thompson being my maiden name). And although there is no chance of any more children, my girl's name was always going to be Cerise (or Cerisa) Molly-Jean (middle name's are family orientated).
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    We don't have kids and might never but my hubby and I have played around with some names. We both like Biblical names that are easy to spell and pronouce, but he is Hispanic and we carry a hispanic last name so we think we might take some of the biblical names and put a hispanic twist to them. For a girl I like Esperanza. It means hope. For a boy I like Joseph (not too hispanic but classy) My family is of french origins so I also like the name Marie (my mother's middle name) and Elizabeth (my sister's middle name) ; and Olivier (pronounced Olivie - a), my grandfather's middle name. Not sure that we will every get to put these to use but sometimes it is fun to dream.
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    We don't have kids and might never but my hubby and I have played around with some names. We both like Biblical names that are easy to spell and pronouce, but he is Hispanic and we carry a hispanic last name so we think we might take some of the biblical names and put a hispanic twist to them. For a girl I like Esperanza. It means hope. For a boy I like Joseph (not too hispanic but classy) My family is of french origins so I also like the name Marie (my mother's middle name) and Elizabeth (my sister's middle name) ; and Olivier (pronounced Olivie - a), my grandfather's middle name. Not sure that we will every get to put these to use but sometimes it is fun to dream.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Gabriel Thomas
    Evelyn Ruth (we call her Evie)