question about calorie intake

Options
So bare with me please. I want to know if I'm staying on the right track. My goal calories a day is 1250 and if I exercise is it okay if I eat the calories burned as long as the net is still within my goal? For example I eat 1450 and burn 250 will I still loose weight?

Replies

• that's correct!
  • bboyd14
    Options
    Yes you will still lose weight. The exercise also helps up your metabolism, so you may burn more calories than before.
  • roozombie
    roozombie Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's definitely okay. If you end up sticking to 1250 and doing exercise to burn over more calories than you normally would, you're going to end up starving and/or too tired to stick with a workout routine. You also have to make sure you don't eat under your calories and/or eat up to your calorie limit without eating well--make sure you're meeting your dietary needs for fiber, vitamins, etc.
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I was really worried lol.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Sounds good.....but hard to tell if 1250 is adtually right since we can't see your height/weight and how much you need to lose.

If you need to lose less than 30 you should not choose 2lbs a week--- you should try 1/2 or 1 at the most.

Agree wtih everyone else on eat exercise -- or at least most of it. Most people don't estimate calories burned very accurately unless they have an HRM.