I've noticed that this site seems to have more women than me

Options
Is this the sense that others get?

Replies

• TOgal
    TOgal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You mean more women than men? Yes, so? :)
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I noticed this as well.
    It kind of saddens me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    Hey! Let's take a survey.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Yea, easily more women than men...by a lot...
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hey! Let's take a survey.

WOMAN here.

:smokin:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'd bet it's because men don't think they need help.

Or in the case of men like my husband, all they have to do is cut back a little on beer to lose weight..... *kitten*.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that men I've known that want to lose weight or get healthier just do a bit of reading (or decide they already know what to do) and set out on their own, they don't look for support or track their calories.
  • Mrslmwalker
    Options
    I think it probably does have more women than men. There's a whole lot of social stuff that probably goes along with that but I see no reason why a man wouldnt find community here. I think a man's weight loss journey would be different than a woman's just because of physics and nature but you should still be able to find support and encouragement here. Maybe the guys of the site have some threads to help you along. =)
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is the mentality of all men or just my husband, but he doesn't want to track food, he thinks he could lose the weight if he went to the gym more...which he doesn't do either...so I guess we'll never know if his theory is right or not. :tongue:
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I think that more women are on here, and it seems even more so since more women participate in the forums.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    We're represented on here, this is far easier than the paper tracking when I worked with nutritionist trying to get the loss started... I've been working on diet alone so far but am ready to throw some exercise into the mix now as diet alone I'm not dropping now from diet alone
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options

Or in the case of men like my husband, all they have to do is cut back a little on beer to lose weight..... *kitten*.

LOL!

My BF is the same way! He doesnt think he needs help at all, he is smart and studied to be a personal trainer, but you should see his gut! "D
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options

LOL!

My BF is the same way! He doesnt think he needs help at all, he is smart and studied to be a personal trainer, but you should see his gut! "D

He also is a powerlifter, and in the powerlifting world, bigger is generally always better :(
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Seems like fewer men worry about weight issues as compared to women. Just my opinion.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yes, i definitely meant men. I think the subject line cut off my last letter.

31 yr old Guy here trying to drop some lbs. Made the committment to myself to get back to a healthier weight. Back in shape, and stop eating crap. Those Double Bacon cheeseburgers and fries add up (even if I was convincing myself that the unsweetened tea was balancing things out).

I'm only a little over a week in and I'm already feeling a lot better.
  • NicoleMensigg
    NicoleMensigg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well...I'm hoping that there is more women than him! =) I think it's probably because we (women) are looking for so much support in this area of our lives and we have finally found a place that we can come to, be honest and real to get REAL results. We aren't made fun of because of our weight but instead we are supported when we are weak, encouraged when we slump, and congratulated when we meet a goal. Women are so embarrassed about this subject. I think it's because men are always so open about their weight. However, my first friend on here was a male and it's really encouraged me seeing him work so hard. I even try to out do him sometimes, I've yet to actually beat him...but ya know! I think it's great for anyone, male or female to be on here and I applaud:wink: those of us who are brave enough to step out and say this is what I was...this is me know...this is wear I'm going!
  • bikerb422
    bikerb422 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I/m a guy and I am glad to be here. i need the help. But there are many more women here. Or maybe it's just that the guys don't want to play in the forums. :laugh:
  • lumberjacks94
    lumberjacks94 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I actually actively look for men to friend just so I can get some specific advice for me. You do have to search though. Like if one responds to a posting, I'll hit them up just so I have a guy to ask stuff to.

But for the most part I'm OK there are more women here because I relate to them better and feel I can be more myself, which I'm trying to extend to all phases of my life. Just trying to be me!
  • XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't know the ratio but lots more women than men. But who wants to hang around a bunch of fat, sweaty men anyway? ;-)
  • ChristinaK42
    Options
    There are more women on here because women ROCK!!! Yeah, that's it. LOL