Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How is it possible to bulk with heavy cardio

Hi, I am a motorcycle athlete who is looking to put on about 35 lb currently at 140. when I train cardio I typically burn around 1k-1500 calories per workout.. my focus in my bulking journey is more focused towards strength than aesthetics.. Is this why the app is recommending so many calories?

The app is recommending 3k calories before workout. Honestly, how is this possible to consume 4500-5k calories? Are there any super calorie dense food or product recommendations to help get me there? I would like to keep it clean.. I seriously don’t have that kind of appetite..

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,731 Member
    What is your current calorie intake?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,886 Member
    Eating just clean food, unless it's like nuts or something with a lot of oil would require eating several times a day (like 6-7).
    Personally when I purposely wanted to put on weight, I ate EVERYTHING. Pizza and fast food were my go to's because I was mostly looking for calories. You're going to put on fat regardless if you bulk clean or dirty. HOW YOU TRAIN is going to dictate the amount of muscle you put on if you're supplying enough calories and protein. 3000 calories extra is easy...................one large meat pizza.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 491 Member
    This makes me think of the guy who hiked across Antarctica, eating almond flavored butter.
    Thats not really clean though.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,169 Member
    What type of workout are you doing that burns that high?
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,731 Member
    And OP was not seen again.
  • cisceroo
    cisceroo Posts: 6 Member
    I think the best thing to do is do clean bulking so your gaining muscle but not alot of fat and cleanbulking is really good for your health to