Does anyone know of any good monitors for fitness?

Options
Hi to Everyone
I am looking for a monitor that tracks how much walking you do, possibly calories burned or any other type of information that would assist me with my weight loss. Any and all suggestions welcome.
Thank you in advance.

Replies

• JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have an Omron HJ-12 that's pretty good and reasonably priced.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Zephyr BioHarness is, in my opinion, the best device you can buy. It's pricey, but it will track heart rate, cadence (steps per minute), respiration, temperature, calorie burn and it will sync with numerous iPhone and Android apps, and you can also track live online. :) It tracks more than BodyMedia, but you'll pay for the functionality. They also offer a nearly identical product, the Zephyr HxM which tracks everything I already mentioned except for temperature and respiration.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone? I use Cardio Trainer free app on my smart phone. It tracks, steps, calories burned, miles, MPH, distance, time etc. It does this for whatever activity you are doing, hiking, walking, cycling, running.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think I'd survive without my Fitbit! (www.fitbit.com)

It tracks cals, steps, activity level, and your sleep patterns, and it's TINY, too!
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I am going to do some research and then decide.
  • pandapwned
    Options
    I have a Bodymedia Fit armband. It's pricey (cheaper off ebay or amazon) and requires a subscription to an online site that's about $7 a month, but it's pretty cool. It tracks calories burned, heart rate, steps taken, sleep duration, and sleep efficiency, then gives you a bunch of cool graphs to play with. Using it, I realized I burn a lot more calories than I thought just going through my day, so I must not be very good at counting my intake calories :/