Fruits and Veggies?

Options
I'm just curious how many of you add in the fruits and veggies you eat into your calorie in take. I know a lot of people don't count them, but they technically still have calories right? I guess I'm trying to get opinions on if I should add them in or not.

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    YES of course count them. The food database has calorie counts for about every fruit and veggie u can imagine
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much all I eat...so yeah I add them.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I log everything that goes into my body, including spices and any supplements I take. A calorie is a calorie.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Add!!!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Many veggies and most fruits have a lot more calories than you might think. Plus fruit has sugar.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Count everything.

If you bite it, write it.

Fruit and veggies have calories and nutrients.
  • bgpalm
    Options
    Yes they do. And some fruits have more calories than others. Same thing with veggies. I also add in butter if veggies are cooked in it. It's the little things that add up quickly if you aren't watching.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS COUNT THEM!!! They make up a large portion of my diet.
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Most definitely add them! They are fat, calories, carbs, proteins and nutrients. I say log everything - even the cheats (even if they put you over) - otherwise how can you really be accountable?
  • kklemencic
    Options
    I count everything even veggies that I consider a freebie like cucumbers for example. It helps me keep track off all my calories and see how much healthier I am eating every day.
  • sote21
    Options
    I would absolutely add them in. They all differ in calories, sugar, carbs and protein.
  • Manlee52
    Manlee52 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Count them. Makes a diiference in the nutrition also
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I count them, but I'm usually over in my sugars goal, but I know that it's not processed sugar.

Be accountable for everything!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Half my weekly shopping (by items, and by weight) is fruit and veggies. I definitely log my fruit and veges - it can make a difference of 200 or more calories, which is big on an 1800 calorie diet (over 10% of my calorie intake).