Under calorie goal... not hungry and loosing weight

Options
HI,

A lot of time i am under my calorie goal by in average 200 cal. I'm not working out, i'm only walking because i take public transport. I have a desk job so i'm in front of a computer all day. Also im eating all day long ( veggies) and im not starving at all ... It 's the first time of my life that i'm on a diet that i find easy and im not starving. Am i normal???I lost 11 pound so far ( i started before i join MFP).

thanks

Replies

• MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    are you depressed, that can definitely impact your appetite and everything else. Otherwise, try to eat in smaller meals but more often- that may help. You don't want to just starve your body or later on you will surely gain it back if not more.
  • lorraine87
    Options
    No I'm not i have a new job that i love... a wonderfull boyfriend.... im going on vacation soon ... i have a lot of projects....Everything is perfectly fine in my life. and It 's true im only eating small meal but 6 times a day and a lot of veggies... Sorry for my english... it 's not perfect.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying this? Maybe you just need to give yourself more time.
  • Justice2012
    Justice2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you....I have it set for 1200 calories (I also sit all day) and I am averaging about 1,000-1200 calories per day. I do not feel hungry, and am losing weight too. I am just not as hungry....(but that could be because I am taking this formula with fiber in it to fill me up).

Anyway...I am right with you...I think its fine....
  • lorraine87
    Options
    I've been on this '' diet'' for a month and half now!!... Well i think it's weird but i'm no gonna complain! I just dont want to gain weight if i start eating more .
  • 500daysofshelby
    Options
    I can kind of get where you're coming from, some days when I exercise I'm about 200-300 below and don't realize it until it's like 9:30 at night and I'm ready for bed. And some days when I don't exercise I'm a little under 100 but I usually feel fully satisfied, and once again it's too late to eat a sandwich or something. Luckily I've stopped doing that as often. As long as you're eating healthy, I'd say try eating either an after dinner snack or a before bed snack.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I've been on this '' diet'' for a month and half now!!... Well i think it's weird but i'm no gonna complain! I just dont want to gain weight if i start eating more .

How much have you lost in a month and a half? I averaged about 1.5lbs per week just sticking to 1200 calories without exercise. It came off, it just seemed like it was taking forever. When I ate a little more, I lost a little less.

Now I am losing just under a pound a week, and I am still eating net 1200 calories.
    Just focus on making healthy food choices and it will come off! Good luck!
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm like this too! Although according to the plan my Dr. gave me I'm not even supposed to be counting calories and just stop eating when I'm full! So I'm concerned that I'll plateau but I also don't want to eat if I'm not hungry... healthy foods are really filling!!
  • betzh
    betzh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Physiologically it is not good to be consistently that low in your calorie count. Your deficit may be too high and put a stressor on your body which will cause you to store everything as fat, and it will be extremely difficult to continue progress on your weight loss and in worse case scenario you could start to have adverse health effects. Then if you start to eat more your body will continue to store everything instead of burning it, although its difficult it is really important to get as close to that goal caloric intake.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to say - We don't know how big you are, or what your daily goal is set at. Do you think you are getting a decent amount of nutritious foods with all the stuff you need? etc
  • lorraine87
    Options
    I'm almost 5'' 4', and im 171 pound right now. My goal was a pound a week (1450 cal) but i changed an hour ago for 1,5 (1200 cal). I dont mind losing a pound or 1.5.it makes no difference to me. As long as i have energy to do what i have to do and i feel good i'm happy. I even have one cheat day a week...
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'' 4', and im 171 pound right now. My goal was a pound a week (1450 cal) but i changed an hour ago for 1,5 (1200 cal). I dont mind losing a pound or 1.5.it makes no difference to me. As long as i have energy to do what i have to do and i feel good i'm happy. I even have one cheat day a week...

Sounds like you were fine! It's usually good to listen to your body, but sometimes appetites get out of whack.
    My goal is set at 1200, but I just use it as a warning. lol I consider anything between 1200-1500 an ok day, especially if I have exercise in there too.