I really want chocolate tonight!!!!!!!!

Options
I have stayed right around my calorie goal for an entire month, but tonight I really want chocolate. Or cheetos. Or that divine white sauce at the Japanese restaurant. And I don't mean a bite. I mean I want an entire bag of M&Ms or cheetos. This is the worst night of cravings! Anybody else have nights like this? And how did you overcome them?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    why don't you just fit things you crave into your daily cals, problem solved :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, HATE those especially at night! Gave in to my peanut butter craving, but I stayed under cal and needed it for net cals anyways! :) Why don't you get a small treat like one bag of M&M's or a 100 cal pack or dark choc something? :)
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I go get a small piece or two of very good chocolate occasionally from a nearby chocolate shop. It takes care of my craving and because I had the good stuff, I feel like I've really indulged without totally blowing it. Maybe it will work for you too.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i bite myself whenever i want chocolat :)
  • mznelle
    mznelle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    jello sugar free pudding snacks 60 calories...love them
  • Jensey76
    Options
    OMG, I just laughed out loud when I read this!!!! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it tonight!
  • timeforme23
    Options
    I cure a chocolate craving in one of two ways:

1. Nature valley granola dark chocolate squares (80 cal)
    2. Dark chocolate kisses (180 for 9 pieces, Im usually good after 2)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Hey, sis...I'm getting ready to go have a Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle ice cream bar...100 calories. That's how I'm getting my ice cream fix at night (ice cream is my weakness!).

See you in the morning!
  • Jensey76
    Options
    OMG, I just laughed out loud when I read this!!!! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it tonight!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options

The problem is when you crave a WHOLE BAG of cheetos...kind of hard to fit that into 1200 calories!

She is my sister, and we both have the same problem...we're grazers. We come by it honestly; our dad is the same way. We don't sit and eat the whole bag of Vienna Fingers or Oreos at once. It's having a little here, a little there, then before you know it, you've eaten 2000 calories of junk food.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Ive been the same way lately, I picked up a bag of ghiardelli bittersweet chocolate chips, 1 serving is only 80 cals and it's a nice chocolate fix. Cocoa is good for your heart!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

The problem is when you crave a WHOLE BAG of cheetos...kind of hard to fit that into 1200 calories!

She is my sister, and we both have the same problem...we're grazers. We come by it honestly; our dad is the same way. We don't sit and eat the whole bag of Vienna Fingers or Oreos at once. It's having a little here, a little there, then before you know it, you've eaten 2000 calories of junk food.

the problem with outright avoidance of foods is you are more likely to binge on them from depriving yourself of them, one of the things about a diet is learning how to eat things in moderation, unless you plan on avoiding certain foods forever. So portion yourself out a serving or two and make sure it's accounted for in your cals, put the rest away, and enjoy it. personally i think you're setting yourself up for failure by totally denying yourself things you crave
  • Jensey76
    Options

the problem with outright avoidance of foods is you are more likely to binge on them from depriving yourself of them, one of the things about a diet is learning how to eat things in moderation, unless you plan on avoiding certain foods forever. So portion yourself out a serving or two and make sure it's accounted for in your cals, put the rest away, and enjoy it. personally i think you're setting yourself up for failure by totally denying yourself things you crave

I haven't completely deprived myself of sweets. I have eaten the jello puddings that are 60 calories, and the dark chocolate granola crisps, and even allowed myself a vienna finger cookie today. But man I just wanted to sit down with a bag of M&M's tonight and not have to measure or count out how many I could have (and it isn't very many unless I plan on starving myself the rest of the day). I think I just had a bad day today (emotional eater) and wanted to indulge. But I didn't. I resisted and logged just under my calorie allowance again. Thirty something days in a row!