Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1st milestone

2baninja
2baninja Posts: 518 Member
1st 20 pounds gone, 10% of my starting weight

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Fantastic! Thousands of handclaps for you.
  • 2baninja
    thank you
  • SedaCustomDesign
    SedaCustomDesign Posts: 1 Member
    2.5 pounds in first week
  • elithea175
    elithea175 Posts: 36 Member
    restart after giving up on six week plateau and gaining half back. 1.2#/wk, first loss in a year.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,626 Member
    2baninja wrote: »
    After I posted this, I gained it all back.... 7 years later, I'm lower then I've been in many many years. It feels great. 3 months since I've eaten junk in any quantity, and I'm not in a hurry to add it back. 1 good thing came out of having gall stones.. lol

I'm amused by the different changes.
    My 1st 20-30 pounds, my jeans fit the same, but I had to cinch up my belt more...
    I've now lost a bit over 50 pounds, I still have 1 or 2 spare tires, but they seem flabbier then before. My shoes don't fit any looser, but the veins are really popping when I look at my feet. doing the hip abd. (inner thigh) my thighs fit completely together.. My jeans are much looser, bought 2 sizes down, YIPPY!! 15 more pounds till I've hit my 3rd "goal" of 199#.

That's great!

One comment: The areas where our bodies like to store fat can get a bit more floppy part way through loss, because fat cells can deplete anywhere in the fat mass. It's not like they drop off the outside first, and then proceed neatly inward.

The consequence - as I think of it - is that it's like a water balloon where it starts out kind of rounded and full with water, but if someone lets part of the water out, it gets more droopy and floppy.

If that's what you're talking about, hang in there: Improvement is coming down the road.

The kind of partly-depleted areas - ones where smaller amounts of remaining fat is conspiring with gravity to keep the skin-sack stretched out - will eventually deplete, then true loose skin (wrinkles less than maybe 1/2" (1.5 cm) thick) will be all that's left. Then those can start shrinking back, too. It's a process. :neutral:

For sure, I looked more scary and worse to myself part way through loss than I did at goal weight, and worse at goal weight than I did a few months down the road into maintenance. Patience and persistence is rewarded, IME.

The end result can be surprisingly good, IMO, for those who don't let midway weirdness shake their commitment.

Wishing you excellent long term results!
  • 2baninja
    The water balloon is a great analogy, that's exactly what it's like.
    For having lost 50#, I'm rather surprised how large my rolls still are, but I feel good and I see it and feel it, so I'm not concerned.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!