Sorry I've been away so long, cancer called!

Options
I'm doing much better, so now time to start eating healthy again. I went through radiation and chemo, and now that my appetite is back, it is back with a vengance...so I'm always hungry!!! Have gained 12 lbs in the last 3 months, so need to get this in check!!!! Also not eating right...but this will change.

I am exercising, which is a positive thing. I am in a pilot program throught the YMCA and LiveSTRONG. I work out 3 times a week, to the best of my ability. I'm still weak, but much better and I have 2 more surgeries to look forward too over the next 3-4 months.

I really want to lose the 12 lbs...with an extra 10 added in, then I will be at my ULTIMATE goal weight. I started this at well over 200 lbs....so now ready to be there. Don't worry I will do it safe and healthy!!!!

Replies

• LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow.... way to go!! You seem like you have such a strong fighting spirit! You go girl =)
  • Ebbsies
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I am so happy to hear you are healing and getting back at it. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer this month and it was my wake up call to start taking each day moment by moment rather than rushing through it. I hope the best for you and a full recovery!!!
  • jaid0911
    Options
    Good luck! Keep positive and nothing will be able to stop you!

10905663.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • xjeanie
    Options
    welcome back! i wish you the best! =]
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Good to see you enjoying your appetite for a while and now ready to return to the healthier stronger you that you know you can be!!!
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    I am glad you are back and doing well!
  • mylife33
    Options
    Keep up that positive spirit and you will do it! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're going to be successful. You are in the right place. Good luck to you! If you're looking for supporters feel free to add me.
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are awesome!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing story. . So you are cancer free now. . You said you have more surgery?
  • goldenreef
    Options
    thanks all! Jade...not sure if I'm cancer free yet, but I'm a lot better!! They think the cancer is gone, but they will not be 100% sure until I have my surgery. I have anal cancer (same as Farah Fawcett...), and I had to have chemo and radiation first, well actually a colostomy 1st, then radiation and chemo. Now I have to have surgery to do some internal repairs, then if the surgeon sees anything that may be "suspicious" he will biopsy. If he sees nothing then YIPEE!!!. After I heal from the repairs, we are aiming for a colostomy reversal!!! Hoping all is well and I have the reversal either before the end of this year or the very beginning of next year!

I will continue with check ups, scans, etc every 3 months for the next 2 years. After that I will be considered cancer free....:)

Liz