New'ish and in need of motivation

Options
Hi all. This is my first post but I've been a member for about a month now. I am really lacking motivation and need a challenge. How do I get involved in one of those challenges?? Feeling in need of a bit of spark!

Replies

• Jmoore1031
    Jmoore1031 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You could try the 30 day shred challenge.. I hear good things.
    Having the the people on-screen pushing you might help get you going.
    It's a dvd by the way :wink:
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    If you see a challenge you like the look of in the motivation section, just jump in by making a post.

Another great motivator, I found, was the purchase of a heart rate monitor. Also good for kickstarting is undertaking a challenge for 7 days (there is a thread for this but I've never seen it since the week I did it, maybe you could start your own). My weekly challenge was to do 10 minutes of cardio every day. Since that challenge (and getting the HRM) I've gone from burning 100, maybe 200 calories a day to more like 600 (which means I get to eat more :-D )

Oh, and the shred is good too, but brutal. I found this thread quite motivating http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253907-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread
  • Joj43
    Joj43 Posts: 54
    Options
    Jmoore1031, living in Australia I had never heard of the 30 day shred challenge so I just googled it. Wow, that looks awesome. Only thing is I have a gym membership so I would hate to see that go to waste. But thanks for the advice :smile:

1a1a - I only purchased a HRM 2 weeks ago and I'm with you - it's amazing and really keeps me going when I'm working out. I got it because I really wanted to know how many calories I burnt during a Zumba class (it's between 670 and 750!!!!). Love it! And I will keep an eye out for a challenge too. Thanks heaps :smile:
  • 1a1a
    Options
    If I had gym membership, I'd attend aerobics and circuit classes along with the zumba you're already doing :-) I'm sure gyms offer other great things too, I'm just partial to aerobics and circuit seems to really push the body. :-D

PS Also down under :-D
  • 1a1a
    Options
  • Joj43
    Joj43 Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi 1a1a. Thanks for your support :) What part of Oz are you from?? I will check out ladyGloria for sure-thanks heaps for that. I have just joined a challenge on Friday called the "October 10 lb Bootcamp Challenge" and it looks really challenging. Just a pain sometimes converting everything to metric :smile: