Hi!!

Been contemplating where to even begin. I guess let’s start easy- Hi! I’m Ashley. I’m a socially awkward, baking loving, nerd extraordinaire. I’ve started and stopped diets/life modifications/eating better so much I just done even know where to start.

I’m 38, busy af, overweight, lacking motivation / drive / energy. I’m perimenopausal -that’s cool.

I need friends. I can make them here online bc I won’t ever meet you- so chatting behind the safety of a screen is on point. I need accountability.

I’m like the best cheerleader (not physically- but mentally) I can cheer you, encourage and even hold you accountable.

I just don’t want to keep stopping. I’m not getting younger. I have no blasted metabolism - thanks body.

Still here? Add me! We can do this together!!! 🫶🏻

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    edited July 23
    Hi, and Welcome Ashley :flowerforyou:

Your metabolism is fine. It isn't broken - that's not a thing.

Start logging food. Find ways to add in more whole foods (whole fruit, vegetables, lean protein, legumes, nuts, eggs, dairy.)

Keep it simple. Log everything. Maybe make a rule about your baking. I don't bake. Easy. But if it were a hobby and I was over-weight I'd have to make some rules around it.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,487 Member
    edited July 23
    Welcome Ashley.
    I used to be a baker, too. 😊. Then USA put conditioners in flour. Now I'm not a baker or an eater. 😟
    Suggestions? Lunch or dinner, 20 minute wait, during which you clear table, do dishes. Then dessert or baked goods. Your resolve may be much stronger,(not so hungry) you may be able to just take a small portion, put the rest away, or you may even be able to resist altogether(more dirty dishes? Didn't i just clean up?) Certainly worth a try.
  • RollinDaBiscuits44
    RollinDaBiscuits44 Posts: 6 Member
    I should’ve been more transparent. I bake- at my self owned bakery. It is my passion-BUT I bake the recipes that I know- and I’ve eaten before. So I really don’t eat my own baked goods much anymore.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    I see. I was worried you were one of those ppl who ask how to lose weight but refusing to give up cake. They turn up here occasionally.
  • RollinDaBiscuits44
    RollinDaBiscuits44 Posts: 6 Member
    Oof!! Nope!! I’m not completely delusional. I know if I eat cake I need to work out harder. But I don’t. Except for like birthdays.