Cheap recipes?

Options
Anyone have any cheap and healthy recipes?

Replies

• emdoyvol
    emdoyvol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll grab a pack of 100 calorie multigrain english muffins, scramble two eggs, and then make a sandwich with turkey bacon. It's a pretty easy breakfast (or even dinner!) with protein included!
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    Sounds filling :) and yum, I live in nz, not too sure if we have turkey bacon in out supermarkets. I know america has a lot of it, fruit and vegetables r so expensive. I am also a student, so I have to live on a budget :P
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Old Fashioned Oatmeal and Eggs for BF (super economical).

BlackBeans with Salsa (NOM SALSA) - Dried but canned is still relatively inexpensive

Tuna

Whole grain Spag/ Glass Jar of tomatoes (family of four for like 3 bucks).
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup egg beaters, cut up some meat, throw in some veggies...done.

Or make overnight oats in the crockpot -- I usually use oats/quinoa/almond milk, greek yogurt, scoop of protein powder and cinnamon or pumpkin spice for flavor...top with wlanuts/blueberries.

Ground turkey and veggie meatloaf made in cupcake tins is yummy too.

Not really sure what you consider cheap.....most really good, healthy food is not as cheap as crappy food.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I grill a lot of fish and chicken on my george foreman grill-refrigerate it then bring it for lunch that day or the next. Tonight I grilled a chicken breast, tore it apart with a fork and added a few tablespoons of BBQ sauce. Not sure what I'll do for the whole meal-but I'll probably make it into a wrap of sorts. I'll definitely get a few meals out of it though.
  • ambern02
    Options
    Mediterranian (sp) cod. 1-2 filets of cod. One package of cherry tomatoes, fresh oregeno and one lemon. Pam spray your baking dish, lay fish in. Sprinkle with salt and peper(1/4 tsp of each), Sprinkle zest of one small lemon. In a bowl, put cherry tomatoes after halfing them, 1/4 tsp of salt and peper, then 1 tbs of chopped fresh oregano. mix and pour over fish and bake UNCOVERED till fish flakes with fork and eat! Low on calories. Very flavorful. I usually have to fight my husband for the leftovers if there are any! Very low calories. Feeds a family of four (two school age kids) with a salad plus lunch the next day.
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    sounds amazing :)