A Rainbow Roll got me!!!

Options
:noway:

Who knew that a Sushi roll could be that bad. Well, I mean I know that some of the rolls that they have in these fancy Dallas restaurants are off the rails, but a Rainbow Roll always seemed to be fairly middle of the road to me. But 500 calories? FIVE HUNDRED CALORIES!!!? ? ?

Guess I will need to plan for that if I do that again. :ohwell:

Replies

• hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Whoa! I'd double check that. That seems like a lot.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time believing that. O_O
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time believing that. O_O
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    O NOEZZZZZZ. Maybe it was the sauces or something! I love sushi, but havent had it in a longgggggggggg time! But that is a tragic cal intake for that roll! I agree with hazelnut, you better investigate!
  • penelofur
    penelofur Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sushi is pretty bad- all that rice!!! The fish and seaweed are great for you.

... we used to get 5 rolls.. FIVE (Plus cheese Maki!) and split them between the two of us. I am talking the tempura fried ones too.
    *tear* no more..:blushing:
  • collierkelly06
    Options
    I never knew how much fat was in those silly little things! lol Im still learning how to eat at different places, i know what to order at most restaraunts with out having to pull out my calorie counter immediately, but Sushi can be loaded with Calories! And of corse my favorite sushi's all have cream cheese! so now before I go some where I am not familiar with their calorie count I just look them up online and try to figure out what is the best for me to eat before I get there.. :)
  • penelofur
    penelofur Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    ohh ya... the cream cheese.. *le sigh* :love:
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I know, I had sticker shock too the first time I went for Sushi - I would order the rainbow roll and a christmas roll (Tuna and avo). That is about 800 cals. I am still not sure exactly how, but now that is my once a month splurge after a big workout day. I can't live without sushi, so I just make it work!
  • ihavebeenherkind
    ihavebeenherkind Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I checked about 4 sources . . . I forget which ones, but I was none too happy, that's my favorite.