C25K

Options
I'm going to take up running using the C25K program. Have any of you used this program before? And how did you get on?

Replies

• ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    LOVE, Love, Love It!

Yes, I am one day from graduating and could barely complete the runs on the first night.

I downloaded an app for it, I could play my playlist and it would tell me when to walk, jog, cool down, etc.

I adore this program and recommend it to everyone I know.

There's a FB page for it too where you can post your accomplishments.

Good Luck and my advice is simple: Stick to the program. It's meant to take you slowly from nothing to 5K. It increases at a rate in which you can minimize chance of injury. If you increase too fast, so do your chances of injury.

Have fun!
  • mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I did the c25k. It went really well for me.
    I had already been walking for 30 min a day spread out but nothing intense, and I found if I really stuck to doing it three times a week, more so on a stricter schedule at the beginning that it's set up really well and you can handle it. Even when there are some weeks/end of week runs that seem like they are big jumps.

I will say that jogging/running at a comfortable pace at the end for 30 minutes, I wasn't actually running the 5k distance but that wasn't the important part for me.

I say go for it, just remember to stretch before and after to prevent injury/soreness. Be sure to stick with it or you may need to repeat a week to make sure you don't kill yourself jumping back in, but I found it a great structured thing so I didn't have to think about what to do at the gym that day, and knew I had to do it 3x/wk and it made me commit to get moving.

Last bit (sorry this got super long) is there are lots of different podcasts out there so find one you like or try em all! :)

Good luck!
  • hayescarmen364
    Options
    I just finished week 5 of C25K and its amazing. First week I was running it about 1.5 miles in 30 minutes but week 5 im running 2.6 miles in 30 minutes. I hope by next two weeks I can run the whole 5k in around 30 minutes and When I finished week 5 today I noticed my runs are a lot better then they have been before!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Went quite from couch to 5k! And I loved it! I did it years ago, went in and out of running/fitness and I still have it in me to run the distance :)
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    bump
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I never thought that I could be a runner until I used c25k. What I really liked about the program is that is builds your confidence in running. You're going to love it! Good luck! :)
  • fit4travels
    Options
    Thank you so much guys - I've downloaded the app and I can't wait to get started!!!