Let's talk about love!

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
I'm 19. I met my now fiance online. He, at the time, lived 1200 miles away. A year later, I uprooted what I knew as my life, packed what little things I had, and moved 1200 miles away from any friends and family to be with him. Nearly a year later, it's working out great. Now, I totally understand the initial shock of things for those close to me, since we began our relationship 2 days after meeting. People still think that we're just stuck in a honeymoon stage, it's just puppy love, we're just infatuated with each other, blah blah blah. We're actually well out of whatever honeymoon stage we had. The love we have feels old, but in a good way. I'm comfortable with him in every way, and he's comfortable with me in every way. Yet, we don't stay with each other purely out of comfort. I stay because we both believe, well, we both KNOW we've found who we're supposed to be with. I knew from the day he told me how he felt that this was who I am supposed to marry, and I know it even more surely now. I love him with every fiber of my being :love:

Now that I'm done bein' all mushy, your turn! Talk about how much you love someone! It doesn't have to be a SO, it can be a daughter, son, friend, mother, father, etc. Talk about the person you love the most.

Replies

• glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I haven't done all that, but I would take a bullet for my wife and close friends.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Husband and I met online....in the same city. He'z painfully shy. We never would have met otherwise. He's such a cute nerd.

Ya wanna know what won me over? He told me I was "REALLY CUTE" in all caps. Yeaz....I'z gullible like that.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what this love thing is.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I love my cat. He's cute and for some reason smells like cinnamon. :D
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My favourite person in the world is my little sister. I love her guts! :smile:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options

Bah :D I love cats. If I wasn't getting married I'd be a spinster with like 40 cats :D
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds so familiar haha I did the same thing when I was 20. I was already living with roommates when I decided to move out with a guy I had only been with for 2 months ( we met online as well). Not too far away but I was a city girl living in the country ugh. Things did not work out and 8 months later I had to scramble to find a place to live bc where we were was his families place. I was so stressed with having no money ( he did not work so I paid all the bills) and having to go to school my grades began to slip. I finally found a place and a month later I was ready to go out and move on I was at a bar when I saw this cute guy walk in and out of all the guys there I still don't know why he stood out. Then I ended up sitting next to him becasue some creepy drunk guy started to rub my back. EW. We hit it off and he was everything a girl could want. Had a job, a stable caring man. We have been together for over a year and engaged for about the same amount of time and are living overseas for his work. We are going to get married once I finish school in another two years.

I know you did not ask for it but take advice from someone who has been there.
    * make sure you have a job and options.
    * do not rush getting married. If you two are in love then there is no hurry to make sure it is the right time.

Congrats!!!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Bah :D I love cats. If I wasn't getting married I'd be a spinster with like 40 cats :D

I'm thinking more like 17 cats :laugh: and I would probably call myself a bachelor instead of a spinster, sounds more awesome that way.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I met my wife when she was 19. We'll be married 14 years next month. She didn't like being thrown in the trunk on our first date, but once her memory was wiped clean and the reprogramming was completed, I was forgiven. I don't know if I'd take a bullet for her. Maybe a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    I met my wife when she was 19. We'll be married 14 years next month. She didn't like being thrown in the trunk on our first date, but once her memory was wiped clean and the reprogramming was completed, I was forgiven. I don't know if I'd take a bullet for her. Maybe a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
    What if the bullet were to only graze your foot and the sharp stick accidentally took your eye out? Would you reconsider then?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    What if the bullet were to only graze your foot and the sharp stick accidentally took your eye out? Would you reconsider then?
    Maybe. Which foot?
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    Maybe. Which foot?
    The right one, and by right I mean correct, of course.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Husband and I met online....in the same city. He'z painfully shy. We never would have met otherwise. He's such a cute nerd.

Ya wanna know what won me over? He told me I was "REALLY CUTE" in all caps. Yeaz....I'z gullible like that.

Lol....this kinda made my night. Adorable.