Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gettin serious - Friends needed!

EmJustEm05
EmJustEm05 Posts: 23 Member
Howdy!
I’m Em, 36, mama of three lil cubs.
Recently had some medical scares and the wake up call of needing to pay more attention to myself and my health. It’s so easy to put your needs on the back burner when you’re burnin the candle at both ends running the household, homestead and homeschool life. Always busy.

I already eat pretty clean as everything is homemade with the exception of a few convenience items. But clearly I’m doin somethin wrong with myself. I’m all ears on advice! We live on a lot of beef and chicken. Minimal dairy. Average carbs.

I don’t exercise in the traditional sense, but I manage a massive garden, care for animals and the kids and am just always on the go. I’m going to change that, obviously, and try to find a workout routine that I can commit to doing first thing in the morning during the week. Again, all the advice welcome!

I live on coffee, but am going to cut that down. So watch out y’all, I’m gonna be a grumpy Gus for a hot minute while that works itself out! I definitely get my water in, tho, as I easily down a gallon a day. Plus the occasional herbal tea.

I’d love all the friends and motivation on here as I don’t have a support system. I’m a great encourager and will return the favor with all the positive words and advice I can give.

Replies

• Crystalb4747
    Crystalb4747 Posts: 21 Member
    Hey ☺️ just returning and all my previous community seem to be not active anymore definitely looking for a group to keep us motivated 🙂 I'm a 39 mom of 4 military wife.
  • EmJustEm05
    I’ll add you!
  • skelley37
    skelley37 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I am Bunji and I am new to this app. Hope to find a community to interact with.
  • Hi, I’m Ana. I applaud your intentions and efforts. 🏆 Reducing coffee could be a big lever toward feeling better and getting healthier at deep levels, a super smart first step, especially given the challenge. 🤩
  • rachelpichardo
    rachelpichardo Posts: 2 Member
    I’ve been looking for some MFP friends, too! I’m also a wife, 28 and no kids yet but I have a sourdough starter I’m trying to keep alive, and plants… I’m bad with plants. 🤣 But, I am a big baker and cook, and try to learn about sustainable living as much as I can from our little suburb. 😌 fee free to add me! Last time I searched for friends in May, I had no such luck haha.
  • EmJustEm05
    I’ve been looking for some MFP friends, too! I’m also a wife, 28 and no kids yet but I have a sourdough starter I’m trying to keep alive, and plants… I’m bad with plants. 🤣 But, I am a big baker and cook, and try to learn about sustainable living as much as I can from our little suburb. 😌 fee free to add me! Last time I searched for friends in May, I had no such luck haha.

Aww I love this!! Sourdough has been a fail for me so I stick with regular home baked breads 😂 I just can’t commit the time (or brain space to remember) to feed it and keep it alive!! I have too many other things to keep alive around here! Hahaha But yes, girl! Homesteading is my jam! Love that we’ve connected!