I am committed to making a lifestyle change

Options
I am new here. I am here to find support for a permanent lifestyle change. I recently lost a very close friend/my mentor at the age of 54. It made me realize that when we don't take care of our bodies, they get sick, and then they stop. I have made a commitment for the next 6 weeks to do the things that I know I need to do to get in shape.

My friend told me about this site. I am hoping for encouragement and motivation to eat right and exercise.

I am excited about the future!

Replies

• Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal then! :)
    You'll love it here!
    Log in everyday, count your calories.. make friends... People here can really motivate you! :)

See you around ;)

Good luck on your weight loss! You can do this!
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    So what are your goals? What are your bad habits? What part of your lifestyle needs to change? What's your plan?
  • goodwille
    Options
    go for it, and give it your all
    I knew I didn't have great eating habits but once I started keeping track of everything I consumed it was a major eye opener
    don't fret if you stumble on the way to a healthier you, everyone does
  • bhealtybhappy
    bhealtybhappy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I Im also new here! And also need for support! I

My name is Sara, Im 22 years old and Im studying my fifth year of medicine. I live in Spain and im looking for people who want to change their lives, also!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Wow, you lost a friend at age 54. I'm 54 and that's exactly why I am here. I want to live a long life and be accountable for my health and wellness. I also need tostay alive for my family who needs me here. Thank you for the post and good luck along your journey.
  • Nickzie123
    Options
    New Member !!!

Hi Everyone my name is Nicole and I am 20 years old, I have been on and off diet plans for several years and just can’t seem to stick to one :( I always seem to start of strong but sooner or later I always seem to loses my self and start my bad eating habits. I am scared to go on the scales because I’m afraid of what I might see, however I went on one yesterday and found out that I am 17stones, it really scared me because I use to be really thin before, it gave me the biggest wake up call ever.

I need to do something about my weight!! I don’t look 17stones because I am tall but I am and I feel that my body can’t do the things it use to be able to do. I am really glad that I found this website and I hope that it can keep me motivate to continue on in this great path for a better fitter lifestyle.