Rice and Wholegrain. is it on your diary?

Options
Have a bowl of brown rice with your meals rather than biscuits, white bread or rolls.

A bowl or two of naturally 'low calorie dense', either brow or white, with your meal helps you fill up and stay satisfied, leaving less room for belly-busting desserts.

What do you think? Does it work for you?

I love rice and eat with vegetables. Japan style! Works very well for me. I feel full on day :)

Replies

• Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i find that brown rice are filling, but also have a tendency to bloat you too
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to ditch the bread in favour of brown rice and pasta (I'm trying to follow Low GI). It does help to make me feel fuller and I find I am less bloated (which is what the bread can do to me). I also think it gives me more energy when I'm at the gym later in the day.
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I like brown rice also but was kind of in shock when I started adding things up and realized how many calories it uses up! If I have brown rice now it's like a 1/2 cup max (or 1/2 of one of those little pre-packaged cups) and I can't eat it plain - I'll add salsa and black beans, etc to it as it's too boring, ha ha... but a 'bowl or two' no, I don't usually have that many calories to spare, hehe - I find myself going for a baked sweet potato instead a lot of the time... good suggestion though, to do instead of high calorie bread & butter!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I tend not to eat grains. They make me, and a lot of people, sick. I do find that protein makes me feel full longest, though. Chicken or yogurt works.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't like too much because of the calories. I sustitute with lentils or quinoa. With curries though, I shred lettuce finall and have a korma dressing.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    i find that brown rice are filling, but also have a tendency to bloat you too

Chew.