What do you guys recommend for good tasting taco shells?

amygerman76
amygerman76 Posts: 11 Member
I’m trying to eat low carbs. But, I’m confusing myself with what taco shells, soft shells, or wraps to buy. There are so many to choose from now. I don’t want to waste money trying to find one that doesn’t taste like cardboard. Has anyone found one that they like for tacos?

Answers

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    edited July 26
    Forget taco shells. Put your filling ingredients in a bowl. Portion out some Fritos to match the reduced carb levels and put them on the top. Call it taco-croutons.

Fritos are made with Masa dough, the same stuff they make corn tortillas with. I usually get low salt, since the regular kind make my lips sting.
  • janinefraser01
    janinefraser01 Posts: 2 Member
    I use GF mini wraps. 1 = 23 gr carb. they fit in air frier, so can put protein 25gr cheese on top, then add extra protein if wanted, top with salads. yum.
  • ericanahnahnah
    ericanahnahnah Posts: 11 Member
    We use carb balance flour tortillas from Mission, for wraps Josephs Lavish bread... Sometimes we fill it with pizza toppings roll it and bake it for a few minutes. You can cut the lavish bread into cracker size and bake low and slow to get crunchy. LC flour tortillas are more tasty with spray oil in a hot pan and toast a few seconds.

I second using fritos or tort chips in moderation for crunch. I also use pepitas and other nuts but sometimes I just need the crunch.
  • Amarlowe696
    Amarlowe696 Posts: 1 Member
    Plus one to the small Joseph Lavish Breads - I’m eating low carb, but not Keto, and these have been perfect for tacos. Fill it up with your hot fillings, sprinkle cheese on it, fold and toss it in the toaster oven to crisp the outside a bit.