Gained weight

Options
so last week i was soooo stressed out over tests and although i stayed within my calorie limit and exercised, i GAINED weight!!!!!2 Wholle pounds........ this is sooooo discouraging for me, can some please give me advice on how i can do better for next week, without feeling like a total failure?! any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you gain. But it always goes away.

Long-term trends.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    1. What are all the quick added calories in your diary?
    2. I don't believe the one you have added at 168 calories which just happens to make your remaining cals for that day zero.
    3. Your eating all your exercise calories, it seems (and sometimes more) - maybe dont eat all of them back?

Remember that everything you eat and every bit of exercise you do will be an estimate. Especially those quick add 100 calories.
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I was in exactly the same boat last week i gaine 2lbs despite excercise and being within calories and always over 1200. This week i havent really done anything different just more of the same and the scales are back down by the 2lbs. I put it down to stress.
    I guess so long as they eventually go down all is well with the world.
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If you gain weight unfortunately the simple truth is that more has gone in than out! However, don't be disheartened. We are all guilty of underestimating the calories on food and overestimating the calories burned through exercise. Try and reverse that or at least weigh and measure everything you eat. Also get a tape measure. I am only losing 1lb a week but the inches are dropping off me!
  • souki19
    Options
    1. What are all the quick added calories in your diary?
    2. I don't believe the one you have added at 168 calories which just happens to make your remaining cals for that day zero.
    3. Your eating all your exercise calories, it seems (and sometimes more) - maybe dont eat all of them back?

Remember that everything you eat and every bit of exercise you do will be an estimate. Especially those quick add 100 calories.
    the reason why there is many quick calorie counts is because my brother braugh this reallly good food and i just didn't know how much it would be in calories , so i just made an assumption.... may be , i underestimated the amount of calories.... and for my exersice calories, i acually don't eat them all , what i do is out of my total calories burnt in my HRM , i take off about 200-300 calories that i don't put into my fitnesspal
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Could have been the stress. You body believe it or not, produces extra hormones under stress. Those hormones can tell your body to hang on to fat more that if you weren't stressed out. There are a lot of factors in weight loss, and sometimes it not pure numbers. I haven't look at your diary, but I know when I'm stressed I'm not always wanting to cook, and end up eating more packaged food, which has a LOT more sodium. Check your tracker for your sodium intake, if it's over for a few of the days last week that could do it. I know when I go over mine for a day or two I "gain" about 1.5lbs, and then when I get the sodium back under 2500mg those lbs magically come off as my body lets go of excess water.
  • kh79
    kh79 Posts: 33
    Options
    When u start out working out u also build muscels, and muscels weigh more than fat ;) It depends on how much u gained of course, but some of it can be that.
    I also support the other here; excess water, etc etc.

Don't give up, it will go up and down some times, and especialy if ur having ur period or ovu, u also might pop the scale sometimes. It's not unusual to gain between 1-4 pounds around ur period due to water in ur body and such.

Keep up the good work! *cheers on u!!*
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Bump....