Mounjaro

Hi I'm Stephanie, I have T2 diabetes. My Dr. put me on a medication to stable my blood sugar but a side effect is weight loss. I'm al on a 1200 calorie intake daily. I'm hoping to lose 100lbs. 🙏
Anyone else taking Mounjaro?

Replies

• MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Hello; I'm also T2 diabetes, when I weaned off insulin and then glimeperide, they put me on Ozempic for a few months. It did help though it really made me feel sick. When Ozempic became scarce they switched me to Mounjaro but I had to go off after 3 weeks because I was constantly nauseous and had severe indigestion and it just wasn't clearing up.

While they didn't work out for me in the long run, they did help give me a boost and get me to a point where my blood sugar was stabilized every day. Since going off them I am just down to metformin, and even that's been cut in half. Hoping by my Dec. check-up I can go off that and consider my diabetes officially reversed. My fasting blood sugars have been in the 80s every morning for the last 2+ months so I think it's gonna happen.

I agree with @pdd1216 I've noticed people get some flack or passive-aggressive responses when you post any method different from what seems to be the one the majority is comfortable with. I do low carb/high fat, I get that all the time. I've noticed it for the new weight loss meds too.

However for the most part the forums here are very supportive and you'll always find someone who is doing the same thing, or at least is happy you found what works for you.

I say use every tool you can if it is working for you; it's your health.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 894 Member
    edited October 2023
    I’m on ozempic. I have T 2 diabetes. Can’t get off it for awhile according to the doctor. Also, has other health benefits she likes e.g. heart. On a low .5 dose. Makes me a bit nauseous.
    It was very helpful 7 months ago when I first started to get healthy. I think I’d still lose now without it. I count calories.
    I’ve lost 40 lbs.
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    I’m also T2 and have been on Mounjaro 2.5mg since July 29, 2023. I’ve lost 40lbs so far.
  • youngthani
    youngthani Posts: 1 Member
    Hey!😁
    I started Mounjaro May 10 and my starting weight was 304 pounds. I now weigh 249.6 pounds I am starting 15.0 Friday.
  • Sooze1968
    Sooze1968 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm also type 2 I've just started metformin a week ago ,,,I am really hoping to reverse my Diabetes by weight loss has anyone done it while on meds ?
  • dwolkotte
    dwolkotte Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, On Mounjaro for T2Diabetes and on it for 2 years now..Thus has been the only drug so far that has dropped my A1C under 6 and helped me lose over 80 lbs so far..I have some other health problems and getting my A1C and weight down. has helped..
  • medlib
    medlib Posts: 6 Member
    I’m on Rybelsus. Sharing it’s still hard to avoid carbs.