Hi There...

Options
Hi,

This is my first day on the site...I was a college division I swimmer and the past year or so I've just let myself go. I haven't gained a lot of weight, per say, but my muscles just melted into fat. I just day dream about the muscles that I had that I just let disappear from sheer laziness. People say it happens to intense college athletes because they've worked so hard and been so hard on their bodies for so long, that when they finish up their years at school, they just want to relax. Or you can go the opposite...and become exercise anorexic and do nothing but drink water and exercise. I've lost the will. Every day I look in the mirror and I am so disappointed in myself, I get magazines, and read workout ideas. I just can never get myself motivated without a coach screaming in my ear. I'm not even sure where to start. I took initiative by giving up sweets for Lent, but its not enough. I'm glad to see people are in the same boat, it makes me feel less lost. I have friends who swam with me as well and they seem to be holding themselves together just fine. I sit at a desk 8 hours a day and when I get home, I have no energy or will to get myself moving. I tried workout TV so I didnt have to leave my home, but it doesn't work. I can't afford the gym right now, or I would be able to swim. I just want my muscle tone back. I want to see the abs underneath my flub. And I want the roundness in my face to go away. I'm really exciting to join this site and get the support of so many people.

I'm looking forward to hearing from other users who have experienced the same things!

Thanks!!!

Replies

• ria2886
    ria2886 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,

This is my first day on the site...I was a college division I swimmer and the past year or so I've just let myself go. I haven't gained a lot of weight, per say, but my muscles just melted into fat. I just day dream about the muscles that I had that I just let disappear from sheer laziness. People say it happens to intense college athletes because they've worked so hard and been so hard on their bodies for so long, that when they finish up their years at school, they just want to relax. Or you can go the opposite...and become exercise anorexic and do nothing but drink water and exercise. I've lost the will. Every day I look in the mirror and I am so disappointed in myself, I get magazines, and read workout ideas. I just can never get myself motivated without a coach screaming in my ear. I'm not even sure where to start. I took initiative by giving up sweets for Lent, but its not enough. I'm glad to see people are in the same boat, it makes me feel less lost. I have friends who swam with me as well and they seem to be holding themselves together just fine. I sit at a desk 8 hours a day and when I get home, I have no energy or will to get myself moving. I tried workout TV so I didnt have to leave my home, but it doesn't work. I can't afford the gym right now, or I would be able to swim. I just want my muscle tone back. I want to see the abs underneath my flub. And I want the roundness in my face to go away. I'm really exciting to join this site and get the support of so many people.

I'm looking forward to hearing from other users who have experienced the same things!

Thanks!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Have you tried running?? One of the cheapest & most effective exercise there is. :smile:

Welcome & good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • rach12
    rach12 Posts: 15
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.